Kore 3.0 feedback
@egrueda What device are you using, and what Android version? Anyway, i'll take a look into this.

@esefix Regarding readibility on light themes, the guidelines for lists on Android specifically ask for a homogeneous background, and the colors of the background and text were automatically defined (using Google's tools) to have an acceptable contrast, so i'm not sure we can do better there.

Regarding the buttons, the central action buttons can't be hidden, but the play button is still there - its's the floating button on the bottom right corner, which is the main action on each of those screens. Unless you're not connected to any Kodi, just browsing, is which case the floating button disappears and the others remain visible, but disabled.
@syncd

Thanks for the explanation Smile
@syncd I just had my first experience with 3.0, and so far:

- The new theme(s) are nice. Is a dark theme also again in the making?
- The changing icon in the Android system/task bar (headphones / TVset / something else?) is a bit confusing to me. Is a default Kodi or Kore icon also possible?
- My library only contains TV shows at the moment. Loading the list went fine, icons also seem to be smoother than in v2.x.
- Apparently the fully-watched statuses are picked up correctly, but an already paused / to be resumed TV episode is not?
@Klojum 

- There are already dark themes. Go into kore's settings and in the theme section there are 2 options, one to define the color scheme and the other the light/dark/ system variant.
- The changing icon is meant to reflect what's playing on kodi, but yeah, it's questionable if a fixed kodi icon wouldn't be better;
- The watched states are cached locally on Kore and a synced with Kodi happens. There are some edge cases when they aren't in sync, but when you get into a tv show details, it syncs, though it might only appear the next time you visit that.
Yep, found the dark theme option already. I was a bit misled perhaps by the menu option translation.

Hmm.. I did the initial TV shows sync in Kore when the resume setting for a certain episode was already stored in the MySQL database. I'll see if I can reproduce that problem.
@Klojum 

Ok, I misunderstood you. The resume state of a movie/show isn't stored in Kore, so it isn't shown anywhere. Only the watched states is. 

If that's what you mean, i would suggest a feature request on github.
Nice looking App. Only thing so for is there is no feedback when setting Repeat. It does send the command I can see it change on an older device and version but on the neq GUI you can't see if it is on, off, single or all.
(2022-10-16, 12:19)syncd Wrote: @egrueda What device are you using, and what Android version? Anyway, i'll take a look into this
Sorry!
Poco X3 MIUI 13, Android 12
@egrueda 
I bet you've increased only the *font size* on your device, right? I would advise you to look into your device's options, and look for another option that increases *all* elements to obtain the same legibility. For instance, on Pixel devices there's an option to increase the font size or the display size, and the last one is the one that should be used.

Forcibly increasing just the font size, while keeping everything else as is (spacers between views, bitmaps, etc), naturally has an impact on the UI.
@NTCSa 
Actually you can, but you might have to look closely. The icon changes its color and icon when its on the "repeat once" status. The color change is subtle, hence you missing it.
Since the new version, the remote control always opens automatically when I come from a 'play with Kodi' link. This does not happen when I select 'add to playlist' which is why I assume it is intentional. But can you please make this optional? When I come from NewPipe, I want to stay in this app and not constantly jump back from the remote...or with other words, it was fine as it was in the last version.
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
@C.O.D. Will consider it, no guarantees for now.
@syncd Thanks, I'd really appreciate it...
Manjaro Linux @ minisforum UM690S / KODI 'Nexus'
With this latest version I get an error: cannot browse files: java.net.socketTimeoutException: timeout when I try to open my music folder.
All files are stored on a Synology NAS, and there are a lot of music files in that folder.
Other folders on the same NAS open just fine. (Movies, Series, Photo's)
Any Idea what I can change?
Well, the timeouts didn't change between versions, so that should also happen with the previous version. There must be a timeout and i, which can get triggered if the request takes too much time.

My suggestion is to use Kodi's library, not the files, because that is cached locally in Kore and will most likely not timeout.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kore 3.0 feedback0