Bug Cache cleared abnormally
First of all here's the log : https://paste.kodi.tv/osilugaqac.kodi
I am using Kodi V19.0 on my Amazon Fire Stick 4k MAX, playing videos from my desktop(Windows10) via uPnP server. 
So I was having playback issues earlier, basically stuttering during playback. I tried to modify the cache size by using the advancedsettings.xml and it worked like a charm. However, when I was trying to play video files that have both Dolby Atmos and Vision features, there's a quite strange behavior : when I pause the video, it starts to cache (I can visualise this by looking at the little gray portion on the playback bar growing slowly, and when I resume playback, the cache just disappears, however large the cache is, it just disappears instantly(the gray portion disappears instantly). In this case, when playing videos with both Dolby Atmos and Vision, I will always have the stuttering issue, which is pretty frustrating. After a few tests, I am sure this only happens when the file has both Dolby Atmos and Vision. If it has only either of them, then it's pretty fine.  I tried to switch to ftp connection and the issue still exists.
(2022-09-19, 13:51)PeppaTom Wrote: I am using Kodi V19.4 on my Amazon Fire Stick 4k MAX

No, you're not. As per your log file: Starting Kodi (19.0 (19.0.0) Git:20210220-73cc2b99ff-dirty).
Would anyone help me ?
(2022-09-19, 15:37)Klojum Wrote:
(2022-09-19, 13:51)PeppaTom Wrote: I am using Kodi V19.4 on my Amazon Fire Stick 4k MAX

No, you're not. As per your log file: Starting Kodi (19.0 (19.0.0) Git:20210220-73cc2b99ff-dirty).
Yes it's 19.0. Any thoughts about the issue itself ?
(2022-09-20, 13:02)PeppaTom Wrote: Yes it's 19.0. Any thoughts about the issue itself ?

For starters, why still use 19.0? Four newer versions solve a number of (non)obvious things.

Caching will require 3 times the indicated memory in total internally. So don't overdo the amount of cache memory, as it won't help.

Setting a cache is mainly for steady video play. Only pausing a video should keep/use the current cache for the resume. Why that doesn't happen I don't know. Logically, if the cache is lost, Kodi should re-cache the video from the next (re)start.
(2022-09-20, 13:13)Klojum Wrote:
(2022-09-20, 13:02)PeppaTom Wrote: Yes it's 19.0. Any thoughts about the issue itself ?

For starters, why still use 19.0? Four newer versions solve a number of (non)obvious things.

Caching will require 3 times the indicated memory in total internally. So don't overdo the amount of cache memory, as it won't help.

Setting a cache is mainly for steady video play. Only pausing a video should keep/use the current cache for the resume. Why that doesn't happen I don't know. Logically, if the cache is lost, Kodi should re-cache the video from the next (re)start.
https://paste.kodi.tv/uxudabepig.kodi

Here's another attempt on Kodi V20, same issue. Actually I've tried more versions of Kodi, same issue
What's more I also have a question about the <readfactor> parameter in advancedsettings.xml. However large I set that number, lt looks like it's capped at 100Mbps but all of my devices invovled here support up to 1Gbps so what's the issue
Problem solved , detailes are here : https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/21885
(2022-09-22, 09:14)PeppaTom Wrote: Problem solved , detailes are here : 21885 (GH issue)

Thanks for the update.  Good to know it isn't transport related and is an FFMPEG type issue.  Some comments in the thread around DLNA transport suitability are incorrect for modern UPnP servers. 

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cache cleared abnormally0