How to clean library properly (Music Videos)
Not sure if this is the correct place to post this? (Please move if not) I'm using Kodi on a Nvidia Shield, using Aeon MQ 8 skin.
I was using Emby as my music video source but have changed to using a node in Kodi and have removed the emby link in the emby for kodi addon. All fine, except a couple of videos are still pointing to emby, although these are dead links. Is there any way of cleaning this up without completely reinstalling Kodi?
(2022-09-22, 20:36)Chalklands Wrote: Not sure if this is the correct place to post this? (Please move if not) I'm using Kodi on a Nvidia Shield, using Aeon MQ 8 skin.
I was using Emby as my music video source but have changed to using a node in Kodi and have removed the emby link in the emby for kodi addon. All fine, except a couple of videos are still pointing to emby, although these are dead links. Is there any way of cleaning this up without completely reinstalling Kodi?
Is it possible to do this does anybody know? Can you delete a database and then Kodi will rebuild it?
(2022-09-22, 20:36)Chalklands Wrote: All fine, except a couple of videos are still pointing to emby, although these are dead links.
I've never used Emby, so I don't really know what it does or how it integrates.
Where are you seeing the dead links?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-09-28, 22:33)Chalklands Wrote:
Quote:Not sure if this is the correct place to post this? (Please move if not) I'm using Kodi on a Nvidia Shield, using Aeon MQ 8 skin.
Is it possible to do this does anybody know? Can you delete a database and then Kodi will rebuild it?

Yes, if you delete it, Kodi will rebuild it.  You can also simply rename it so that if, for some reason, you want to restore it you can rename it back.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2022-09-28, 22:38)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-09-22, 20:36)Chalklands Wrote:
(2022-09-28, 22:38)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-09-22, 20:36)Chalklands Wrote: All fine, except a couple of videos are still pointing to emby, although these are dead links.
Hi,
My fault. I thought I'd removed the emby music video 
 All fine, except a couple of videos are still pointing to emby, although these are dead links.
Hi,
My fault. I though I'd removed the Music Video library in emby for Kodi, but I hadn't.
Emby aside, is there a time delay in Kodi for refreshing a database? I've changed a couple of nfo files and kodi is still showing the old version when I reopen it ( I have update library on startup switched on)
(2022-09-28, 22:39)jbinkley60 Wrote:
(2022-09-28, 22:33)Chalklands Wrote:
Quote:Not sure if this is the correct place to post this? (Please move if not) I'm using Kodi on a Nvidia Shield, using Aeon MQ 8 skin.

Yes, if you delete it, Kodi will rebuild it.  You can also simply rename it so that if, for some reason, you want to restore it you can rename it back.

Jeff
Thanks Jeff,
Out of interest. How are the databases named and where do I find them?
(2022-10-01, 21:28)Chalklands Wrote: is there a time delay in Kodi for refreshing a database?
Kodi never refreshes databases automatically.
If you change an nfo file, then you need to Refresh the movie. Or delete the movie and scan it back in.

(2022-10-01, 21:29)Chalklands Wrote: Out of interest. How are the databases named and where do I find them?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Databases
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-10-01, 21:32)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-10-01, 21:28)Chalklands Wrote: is there a time delay in Kodi for refreshing a database?
Kodi never refreshes databases automatically.
If you change an nfo file, then you need to Refresh the movie. Or delete the movie and scan it back in.
(2022-10-01, 21:29)Chalklands Wrote: Out of interest. How are the databases named and where do I find them?
https://kodi.wiki/view/Databases

Thanks for your help and insight. I really appreciate it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to clean library properly (Music Videos)0