• 2(current)
WIP ITVhub
Hi

Firstly thanks for your time and effort in getting this app.

I am having the issue with 'service is not available in your area'

I have checked, double checked my user details and they are correct, I even changed them on ITV hub and checked them, even went as far as deleting my account and making a new one, still the same issue.

I am using Fire 4kMax on Kodi 19.4.

Any help you can provide will be most appreciated.
(2022-10-13, 01:03)Zuber85 Wrote: Hi

I have checked, double checked my user details and they are correct, I even changed them on ITV hub and checked them, even went as far as deleting my account and making a new one, still the same issue.

Just to add, I am getting this on everything, any live channel any episode.
(2022-10-13, 01:04)Zuber85 Wrote:
(2022-10-13, 01:03)Zuber85 Wrote: Hi

Just to add, I am getting this on everything, any live channel any episode.

And you will not believe it, I wrote this message and thought I'd give it another try and it works... been on this for 1 hour and just started working.
I installed this latest version of the add-on in LibreELEC 5.10.95 using the zip file and I can see & scroll through program listings but when I select a show it asks for ITV account log in. I have a free ITV Hub account but I can't enter my email address as user name because the on screen keyboard does not have the "@" symbol either in alphanumeric mode or shifted. Am I missing something obvious?
(2022-10-14, 19:58)galteemore Wrote: I installed this latest version of the add-on in LibreELEC 5.10.95 using the zip file and I can see & scroll through program listings but when I select a show it asks for ITV account log in. I have a free ITV Hub account but I can't enter my email address as user name because the on screen keyboard does not have the "@" symbol either in alphanumeric mode or shifted. Am I missing something obvious?
Fixed that, and I'm sure I entered all details correctly, but still get failed ITV Hub login message when trying to play anything.
(2022-10-14, 19:58)galteemore Wrote: I installed this latest version of the add-on in LibreELEC 5.10.95 using the zip file and I can see & scroll through program listings but when I select a show it asks for ITV account log in. I have a free ITV Hub account but I can't enter my email address as user name because the on screen keyboard does not have the "@" symbol either in alphanumeric mode or shifted. Am I missing something obvious?

Fixed that, and I'm sure I entered all details correctly, but still get failed ITV Hub login message when trying to play anything.
@galteemore 
ITV has made some changes causing hub sign in to fail. 
However, while I was doing some tests, I found that they have reverted it back just now. 
So maybe you give it another try. 

Note: if you make changes to your hub credentials in settings. It might be necessary to fist open another addon and then go back to itv hub, or even restart kodi. Just to make sure the new settings are being read.
(2022-10-15, 22:02)kereltje Wrote: @galteemore 
ITV has made some changes causing hub sign in to fail. 
However, while I was doing some tests, I found that they have reverted it back just now. 
So maybe you give it another try. 

Note: if you make changes to your hub credentials in settings. It might be necessary to fist open another addon and then go back to itv hub, or even restart kodi. Just to make sure the new settings are being read.
Thanks for responding. I have got it working now, I used a different browser to normal, and a different email address, and created a new ITV Hub account, with a password that is easy to type with a remote control via CEC using the on-screen Kodi keyboard (I am using LibreELEC on a Raspberry Pi 4 connected to a 2012 Samsung smart TV using HDMI). I got a 'confirm account' email which I responded to, and... I tried the add-on, and it worked! I don't know if the old credentials will also work, but I'm happy now. Thanks for your work on this add-on.
There is a new version: 0.4.0.
Still only available as zipfile from github

changes:
  • List A-Z subfolders in menu 'Shows'.
    Is intended as a general improvement to navigating shows.
    And addresses the issue of very long load time of shows listing on less powerful hardware.
  • Much improved account sign in experience.
    Username and password are now asked by dialog, after which the actual sign is performed and you'll get instant notification of it's success.
  • Now possible to sign out of an ITV account.
  • New setting to show password in plain text while you type.
    Having password masked is in most use cases just a nuisance and the source of a lot of mistakes, in particular with difficult, hard to guess passwords.
    With this new setting enabled the password is shown in plain readable text. It may not be the right setting for everyone though, so it's off by default.
  • The addon does not store your ITV account credentials anymore.
  • Settings in new format, with help texts.
  • fix: catchup subtitles did not show anymore.
  • A little less confusing error messages.
  • Various small fixes, improvements, changes and adaptions to changes at ITV's web services.

If streams fail to play after updating via zip file, please first restart kodi and try again.
I've seen some very mysterious error sometimes just after updating that was gone after a restart of kodi. I'm very interested to know if anyone has the same issue.

There is also some progress on ITV's side: the last few weeks all live channels are in 720p. So we may even see round balls at the snooker next week.

Although not all changes are visible I hope this version improves general user experience and stability.
Don hesitate to post a comment if you have an issues, question or remark.
Great work - can not wait for watching Snooker in 720p next week  ;-)

so the only missing Kodi-on would be RTE player for me - fingercrossed
Managed to download and install the zip file on my firestick using the downloader app. All working fine but I guess it all stops working when ITV Hub closes down and ITVX starts up Sad
(2022-09-24, 19:21)OTinley Wrote: @chrissxuk

Team Kodi do not support, or recommend VPNs, and Kodi does not need one for its designed operation. The forums are not to be used for the discussion or promotion of VPNs for the purposes of bypassing geo-locking or accessing unlawful material. Any more generic discussions not in violation of the policy will be moved to the off-topic section, but will remain open for replies.

VPN policy (wiki)
That response is a tad strong isn't it? I only mentioned the unmentionable because I thought it may be relevant to why it didn't work. I was only trying to be helpful. Btw the unmentionable was mentioned further down this thread by the author 🤔

I didn't previously pursue this because I was aware ITVX would move all the goal posts anyway. The issue with ITV Hub is it's poor SD resolution on catch-up and I was rather hoping that following the launch of ITVX things would change. SD on a 70 inch TV is rather unwatchable.
The resolution on ITVX will all be 1080p HD apparently which is great news. I won't comment on the other subjext much as I wish to !
(2022-10-31, 09:04)Globaltvfan Wrote: The resolution on ITVX will all be 1080p HD apparently which is great news. I won't comment on the other subjext much as I wish to !

Yes that is great news and long overdue. The ITV Hub app on many devices is still SD although my TV has been HD for some time.

But the reason I prefer to use a Kodi add-on is for the avoidance of the advertising, which appears to go on for an eternity.

The big question is though will this add-on change to reflect the move to ITVX, will it stay as it is, or will it just cease to work altogether?
1080P on ITV is indeed good news!
Quote:The big question is though will this add-on change to reflect the move to ITVX, will it stay as it is, or will it just cease to work altogether?
As to what will, or won't work on the itvhub addon when X is launched we can only speculate. I am not too pessimistic though, but that is not more than a hunch. It could go any way, really.  If someone does have information about upcoming changes I'd be very interested to know.
I can only say that I have the intention to keep itv working on kodi; I am a user myself after all. Whether that will be soon after launch of X, in what form, or indeed if it will ever happen, all depends on what X will bring us.
I am as curious as you are, but we just have to wait and see.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ITVhub0