• 12(current)
WIP ITVhub
Recent changes at itvX caused a some problems in the addon.
I just pushed version 0.7.3 with a few fixes and changes.

• Fixed playable items in collections failed with error 'Not Found' caused by changes at itvX.
    Also a large number of items that should be presented as playable were shown as folder.
  • The main menu is always refreshed to ensure hero items are up to date.
  • Fixed regression in 0.7.2: live hero items failed to play.
  • Various minor changes under the hood.

As usual available on the github release page,
and kodi file source: https://dimkroon.net/kodi-addons/
Check the first post in this thread for detailed install instructions.

If you find any issue or irregularities, please first check if the issue is also present if you do the same on the itvX-website using a normal web browser.
If it is not, please report it here. Issues don't fix themselves, your feedback is important.

NOTE:
Due to some recent changes to the web site, the kodi file source https://dimkroon.net/kodi-addons appeared emtpy on Kodi 19 (Matrix).
This issue is now resolved, so the zip files should again be accessible from Kodi's file browser.
Kodi 20 (Nexus) was not affected.
Looks like categories-entertainment is not loading properly...only loading about 8 shows for me..
working fine on itv hub..
@mariofenech 
It's working fine with me. Can you make a debug log and post a link?
(2023-03-03, 22:35)kereltje Wrote: @mariofenech 
It's working fine with me. Can you make a debug log and post a link?
I think I know what s happening...I was looking trough the alphabetic folders and found the missing shows there...
For ex a show that starts with "The Real Hou..." is showing under the R folder instead of T..
Thanks for reporting back @mariofenech 
(2023-03-04, 13:24)mariofenech Wrote: For ex a show that starts with "The Real Hou..." is showing under the R folder instead of T..
That is the intended behaviour of alphabetical grouping.
Catchup not working  for me today...live TV is fine..anyone else?
log
no, a quick test works fine.
Please set the addon setting 'log to' back to 'kodi log', create a new debug log and post the kodi log.
Ok so it might me something is broken on LE11...
So LE 11 getting errors catchup not starting
Tried a nightly built and it's the same..
ITVhub addon on Nexus windows it's working...
Website is working too....
log here
Went back to LE10.04 and ITV hub works there.
Thanks for the log @mariofenech , but it's missing log entries from itvhub.

From your log:
- Inputstream Adaptive runs into a 'forbidden' error when downloading a stream. 
- You run on a VPN

So, ITV just does a good job and we cannot help you.
Please check the forum's policy on VPN
Hi..i know what you mean regarding vpn but that is not like the ones you buy or pay for but it's my personal server setup at home running on a raspberry pi with openvpn server similar to what you can setup on a router but it s a rpi..apologies
@mariofenech

Our policy is that we won't assist when an VPN is used. We are not VPN experts, nor do we want to waste time figuring out what the problem is.
If you can replicate the problem without a VPN, we can help, but if you can't, then it's obviously a VPN problem, and we are not a VPN forum.

Thanks.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2023-02-17, 02:48)kereltje Wrote: Recent changes at itvX caused a some problems in the addon.
I just pushed version 0.7.3 with a few fixes and changes.

Many thanks for this, which I've just discovered.  It installed with no problems and it seems on short acquaintance to be working very nicely.

A premium ITVX subscription enables downloading of shows for later viewing.  Is this a feature which you might be incorporating at some stage, assuming it's technically possible?  Forgive me if it's already there and I just haven't found it yet.

Many thanks.
@bert Coules
Good to hear it's working OK for you.
No, download is not possible in the addon. As you mentioned, it's a premium feature and I don't have a premium account, so I can't investigate. I don't even know what this 'download on the go' feature actually involves, both technically and practically. E.g. how long can you 'go'?
To be honest, I have not enough personal interest in premium features to justify upgrading my account. I'm happy though, to accept a pull request from someone with a premium account who is committed to maintaining the feature.
(2023-05-21, 17:57)kereltje Wrote: No, download is not possible in the addon.

Thanks for letting me know; I did suspect as much.  Unfortunately, at the moment, my Kodi HTPC is my only way of accessing ITVX, so even if I were to take out a premium account I wouldn't be able to try the download facility and give you some idea of how it functions.

But no matter; I'm grateful for the addon exactly as it is.
The addon works OK, but I'm having an issue with it whereby it's not displaying 'sub-episodes' correctly.

I only watch ITV for it's BTCC (British Touring Car Championship) coverage. Because they are regularly switching between ITV1 and ITV4 on some race days (to promote the series to a wider audience), My HDHomeRun tuner will record the 1st portion on ITV1 but fails to do the second part on ITV4 due to the overlapping times / padding time settings, if the second tuner is in use (which it frequently is), so I installed this addon to avoid having to use a web browser on my desktop vs. Kodi on the HTPC. I have not 'specified' a dedicated channel to record from on the HDHiomeRun tuner BTW, so if both tuners were available it 'should' record the content from both. Alas, I regularly listen to BBC Radio 5-Live on the weekends, so that uses up 1 tuner. The HDHomeRun Connect only has 2 tuners available.

The problem is, on the website, the 'British Touring Car Championship' is displayed as a category, with multiple sub-episodes. In the addon it's displayed as a single episode with a current length of 7 hours, 30 minutes, which matches episode 3's overall duration (Snetterton) on the website. With that being the case, I don't see any way of playing the subsequent episodes (4, 5, 6, currently) via the addon. I can manually select, and play back those episodes on their website (It's not premium content AFAIK).

I'm not a Premium subscriber, and won't be paying their yearly asking price just for catchup playback because I have no need for a premium subscription. Any chance you could take a look and determine why the sub-episodes are not showing up? Just to clarify, the 'highlights' and 'qualifying' episodes that are also displayed in the addon are different content, and not related to the missing full-episode content, AFAIK.

TIA,

Dan / Gib.
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ITVhub0