v19 Which skins support animated previews?
Hi

What I'd like to have: when browsing through my movie collection it would start playing a preview of that movie.
How I'd expect it to work: kodi detects something like a  $movie-trailer.mp4 or $movie-animatedfanart.gif and shows that file.

Ideally it waits for a few (configurable) seconds of inactivity before starting to play the preview.
A less desirable way would be to have an easily accessible action or button (example: press right) to play the preview. Instead of the longer current flow of: right click, select info, move selection, press enter for trailer.
For context this preview feature I'm looking would be something I'd use with my home videos too, not just cinema.

I've looked into a few skins but couldn't find anything that worked like this. I couldn't even get any $movie-animatedfanart.gif to work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
@adama42

Haven't I already answered this in another duplicate thread?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
My apologies if this comes across as a duplicate. In hindsight I should have asked a moderator to move the other thread here instead.
Why I didn't post a thread here in the first place was because initially I didn't quite understand the problem in the first place. That this was as skin issue.

The reason I created this thread was because I suspect people here will be more acquainted to skins and their capabilities.
As you yourself weren't sure of which ones do support it.
I tried Aeon Nox Silvo like you mentioned but couldn't get any animatedfanart working. Nor a Big.Buck.Bunny.2008-animatedfanart.gif nor a Big.Buck.Bunny.2008-fanart.jpg which is actually a gif
I had a hunt around a couple of skins. I am sure AeonNox:Silvo had the option for animated artwork, but it seems to have been removed, or maybe I am confusing it with another skin.

I did find that AeonTajo has settings for both options you want. You can download this skin from the repo.

(2022-09-26, 12:55)adama42 Wrote: What I'd like to have: when browsing through my movie collection it would start playing a preview of that movie.

(2022-09-26, 12:55)adama42 Wrote: I couldn't even get any $movie-animatedfanart.gif to work.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Thank you very much! Cool

I also found out that Artic Zephyr does the same.

I've been experimenting a bit with both.
My skin has an autoplay feature that would play movie-trailer.mov after a short delay. It fades out the view and plays the trailer but you retain focus on the list so you can easily cancel playback with up/down to stay on the item or browse to the next item with left/right.

You can see what I mean around the size minute mark here: https://youtu.be/cqvYCylDOAA

If it's interesting to you, you can see more details here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=232964

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Which skins support animated previews?0