Android : crash because java class not found
My goal is to be able to make my Android TV Mi Box S (Oreo 8.1) transcode properly Dolby Digital+ (EAC3) sounds to Dolby Digital (AC3) and output it to, my AVR through SPDIF.
This transcodindg is possible with Kodi 18.1 applicition but is not proposed by other application or Android 8.1 settings. As Kodi is able to do it I reverse engineered Android stack. My conclusion are : - Android Oreo embeds any necessary codecs ans other stuff to do this transcoding but does not propose the settings to configure this - Android Pie proposes the wanted surround sound setting (output Dolby Digital on SPDIF)
So my goal is to backport Android TvSettings application from Pie to Oreo
I first tryed to generate TvSettings with Android Studio. I hacked the application resources but stopped when I understood that I would have to generate platfom dependacies (for instance SettingsLib.jar)
My second trial is to generate the entire Android platform. The build is complete and I can deploy TvSettings application on a x86 TV simulation BUT when I launched the TvSettings appplication I get this error :
--------- beginning of crash
2019-04-01 12:21:04.976 3987-3987/com.android.tv.settings E/AndroidRuntime: FATAL EXCEPTION: main Process: com.android.tv.settings, PID: 3987 java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to get provider android.support.v4.content.FileProvider: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn't find class "android.support.v4.content.FileProvider" on path: DexPathList[[zip file "/data/app/com.android.tv.settings-2DkaCncwGQ874WP-kx3G4Q==/base.apk"],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/com.android.tv.settings-2DkaCncwGQ874WP-kx3G4Q==/lib/x86, /system/lib, /vendor/lib]]
I searched this error on internet and it seems that it deals with multidex feature. This multidex feature is well documented for clean developped Android appliacation but nor reaally for applications extracted from Android platform and deployed with adb.
This problem is related to java libraries loading. I found threads referring Android multidex feature but only for applications buils with Android Studio/Gradle and my app was build with Android platform
What can I do?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
I fail to see the connection between the TV settings app and Kodi.

Also, 18.1 is way too old. If you want to contribute to Kodi, use the master branch.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Android : crash because java class not found0