Shield: Kodi doesnt playback some files that work on other platforms (logs included)
Hi there,
I am having problems with some files. Playback simply never starts. Kodi starts something (turning blue circle) then I get a black screen for ~ 1second then Kodi returns to library view.
I also tried to disable MediaCodec, but no success.
I reset my whole Kodi installation, but no success.
The files works fine with
  • VLC, Kodi Windows (both on the system on which the files are hosted)
  • Kodi on Xbox Series X via nfs network share.
  • Kodi on the original 2015 Shield (P2571) via NFS share.

The problematic device:
Kodi 19.4
Nivida Shield TV (the Tube/Cylinder) (P3430)
I tried some other files (x265, x264 & XviD) on the same network share , they also work fine.

File info via Avidemux:
Quote:=====================================================
Video
=====================================================
Codec 4CC:        HEVC
Auflösung:        706 x 476
Seitenverhältnis:    Unknown (10:11)
Bildrate:        23.976 fps
Gesamtdauer:        00:43:23,392

Zusätzliche Video-Eigenschaften
ExtraData-Länge:    2448
Extra data:        01 02 20 00 00 00 90 00 00 00

Audio (1 aktive Tonspur)
Codec:            AC3
Kanäle:            Stereo
Bitrate:        24000 Bps / 192 kbps
Abtastrate:        48000 Hz
Gesamtdauer:        00:43:23,219

https://paste.kodi.tv/ujonikarub.kodi

Any ideas?

Regards

Sebert
I've no idea why it only fails to playback on this one device but the log file shows this, which I think is when playback is aborted:

php:
2022-10-02 10:42:20.147 T:14991 ERROR <general>: ffmpeg[0x5b37d3e0X]: [matroska,webm] File ended prematurely

Googling that brings up discussions about truncated/corrupted MKVs but they can't be that badly damaged if they play elsewhere.  Until an expert chimes in, all I can suggest is that you try installing alpha3 of Nexus and see if that fares any better.  You will want the 32-bit apk for use on a Shield Tube.
(2022-10-03, 22:59)beeswax Wrote: I've no idea why it only fails to playback on this one device but the log file shows this, which I think is when playback is aborted:

php:
2022-10-02 10:42:20.147 T:14991 ERROR <general>: ffmpeg[0x5b37d3e0X]: [matroska,webm] File ended prematurely

Googling that brings up discussions about truncated/corrupted MKVs but they can't be that badly damaged if they play elsewhere.  Until an expert chimes in, all I can suggest is that you try installing alpha3 of Nexus and see if that fares any better.  You will want the 32-bit apk for use on a Shield Tube.
Thanks for your answer. I will try the alpha.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Shield: Kodi doesnt playback some files that work on other platforms (logs included)0