Core home property Music.AlbumsCount (SQL query)?
I was looking at this, and realized that this property is defined using a SQL of "count(distinct strAlbum)" on songview.  I don't understand why the distinct qualifier is used?  Granted, there  could be extra albums with same strAlbum due to tagging errors, but I have numerous albums with the same title.  I guess because that SQL will operate on songs, but there must be a better way to do this which doesn't ignore albums with the same title.

scott s.
Do you mean in the query used by CRecentlyAddedJob::UpdateTotal()? I don't even know what uses those totals result, skins?

That bit of SQL predates me and is an aspect of music data use that I have never considered. Reasoning will be lost in time and relate to when music tagging was way more basic. I would not get the album count that way, if that is what is wanted, totally agree there is a better way to do this.
Yes, that's it.  It dates at least to Gotham.  The intent seemed to be to populate a bunch of home window property keys that skins can use to display library status.  So for music, number of artists and albums in the library.  I was comparing a couple different Kodi installs with the same sources but different values in those properties, and realized that the key value was a bit off from what I get from the album node container.numitems.  But I have many examples of same-titled albums with different album artist, and there's also the possibility of different albums in an album group.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Core home property Music.AlbumsCount (SQL query)?0