Adding all streams in a watch list of a media library addon to movies/documentaries
I'd like to add items (documentaries) from an addon for media libraries (Mediatheken) of public broadcast station streams to the movies pages.

In particular, the addon ARD und ZDF allows me to watch documentaries and to add them to a "watch list" (Merkliste) so one can watch them later (just like the Watch Later playlist of YouTube).

I'd like to add all items in that watch list to the Movies that are displayed in the movies page. They should automatically have the genre "documentary" set (or detect the genre or have a genre that is only used for items of media libraries).

This way one wouldn't have to switch back and forth between the addon or the Favorites (as one can add them to the favorites as a workaround) and the Movies/Documentaries page. It would make it so that more things are fully integrated into Kodi so you can use it to conveniently watch anything / interact with all media within one media center (documentaries that the scraper couldn't detect also need to get integrated as proposed here; other than that for short films see the link below).

Details:

There probably would need to be changes involving the interface of Addon<->Kodi's Movies page so you can add items from addons to display on the movies page.

Adding support for documentaries (why hasn't this been implemented yet) as I proposed here would be great as it would allow the items to show only on a "Documentaries" and not the "Movies" page. The current workaround to only either display movies or documentaries but not both intermixed is via two smart playlists that in/exclude that genre.

The addon is for German-language TV channels...it's a very useful addon that really should be in the default addon repos.

The issue at the addon where I first proposed this is closed until Kodi implements support for this: https://github.com/rols1/Kodi-Addon-ARDundZDF/issues/17

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Adding all streams in a watch list of a media library addon to movies/documentaries0