Release Kodi CSV Export Addon
This is a support thread for a new Kodi CSV Export addon. 

You can download it from GitHub here.

Current version 1.0.1

Description

An addon for Kodi which allows selective CSV exporting of Kodi video and
music database data.

Features
  • Kodi 19 and 20 compatible.
  • Individually select Kodi video and music tables and views to export
  • Ability to multi-select up to all tables and views.
  • CSV files are timestamped at creation time allowing for versioning

This addon was created from a user request and ported from the larger Mezzmo Kodi addon codebase.   Feedback and feature requests are welcome.

Thanks,

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
I think it will be beneficial to also have your icon and fanart of this add-on reflect the fact that this is specifically a CSV export tool.
Also if the add-on only support Kodi 19 and upwards, the mentioning of XMBC is a bit "meh" IMHO. XBMC is old news since 2014.
Just my 2 euro cents.
(2022-10-07, 16:18)Klojum Wrote: I think it will be beneficial to also have your icon and fanart of this add-on reflect the fact that this is specifically a CSV export tool.
Also if the add-on only support Kodi 19 and upwards, the mentioning of XMBC is a bit "meh" IMHO. XBMC is old news since 2014.
Just my 2 euro cents.

Excellent point.  Thanks for the feedback.  As you can see I went quick and easy on the artwork.  I'll make the suggested changes.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
(2022-10-07, 16:18)Klojum Wrote: Just my 2 euro cents.

Considering 'inflation' that would be about 8 cents now.  You owe him another 6 cents buddy  Oo
HOW TO - Kodi 2D - 3D - UHD (4k) HDR Guide Internal & External Players iso menus
DIY HOME THEATER WIND EFFECT

W11 Pro 24H2 MPC-BE\HC madVR KODI 22 GTX960-4GB/RGB 4:4:4/Desktop 60Hz 8bit Video Matched Refresh rates 23,24,50,60Hz 8/10/12bit/Samsung 82" Q90R Denon S720W
Rofl
Thanks for this Addon, I just tested with latest Nexus on Windows 10 , worked great !
(2022-10-08, 00:22)kcook_shield Wrote: Thanks for this Addon, I just tested with latest Nexus on Windows 10 , worked great !

Thanks.  I am glad it worked for you.

Jeff
Hi @jbinkley60

Gave this a test and it works really well.

I encourage you to submit this to the Kodi repo.

I see the output is saved in the Kodi data folder (wiki). I am wondering if there could be a setting to specify a save location? I am thinking of those setups like a firestick or Android box where some users may find it difficult to access the output file. But I suppose if the box is not networked, there is probably nowhere better to save it.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-10-08, 01:07)Karellen Wrote: Gave this a test and it works really well.

I encourage you to submit this to the Kodi repo.

I see the output is saved in the Kodi data folder (wiki). I am wondering if there could be a setting to specify a save location? I am thinking of those setups like a firestick or Android box where some users may find it difficult to access the output file. But I suppose if the box is not networked, there is probably nowhere better to save it.

Thanks for testing.  I'd submit it to the repo (after a small bit of cleaning up) but it uses a direct SQL select query call which the rules say Kodi repo addons can't have.   I haven't seen anything regarding an exception process and I am not looking to rewrite into JSON RPC.  The output folder is a great question and I went back and forth on that myself and settled on creating an output folder for now..  If folks have a real desire to select a location I can add a browser folder dialog setting and let them select.  I was thinking of you a bit when I pulled this code out of the Mezzmo Kodi addon into a separate simple export utility.  I thought it might make it easier troubleshooting those scraper / database issues I often see. 

Thanks,

Jeff
(2022-10-08, 03:31)jbinkley60 Wrote: I was thinking of you a bit when I pulled this code out of the Mezzmo Kodi addon into a separate simple export utility.  I thought it might make it easier troubleshooting those scraper / database issues I often see. 
Haha, that crossed my mind also. Smile
Then I realised if they have to access the file in the Kodi data folder (wiki), then they can just as easily access the database.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-10-08, 03:31)jbinkley60 Wrote: it uses a direct SQL select query call which the rules say Kodi repo addons can't have
Hmmm, you are not actually writing to, or deleting records, directly. You are just reading? I wonder if that is ok.
@enen92 should know.
My Signature
(2022-10-08, 04:10)Karellen Wrote: Hmmm, you are not actually writing to, or deleting records, directly. You are just reading? I wonder if that is ok.

Probably the reason why Milhouse's tool was never assimilated into the Kodi repo. It can change/remove quite a bit.

OFF-TOPIC: A stand-alone, dedicated Library Clean up GUI add-on for video and/or music databases would be useful that way, and its development would be quicker and more precise than the current built-in database triggers for cleaning things.
(2022-10-08, 04:08)Karellen Wrote: Haha, that crossed my mind also. Smile
Then I realised if they have to access the file in the Kodi data folder (wiki), then they can just as easily access the database.

True but many folks are better with CSV / Excel than SQL tools and queries.

Jeff

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi CSV Export Addon0