• 6(current)
Aeon "Stark" - Working screens
fact is that many of the devs still use Xbox for their XBMC, so don't think they will stop merging back relevant stuff into the Xbox branch

Yes the Xbox does HD pretty good, however it's a hassle to have to reencode stuff you download. However it's still a pretty big leap up to x264 1080p encodes even on my own 1366x768p plasma. The color is so much better over HDMI from the x264 than the component divx/xvid encodes plus the image is ofcourse alittle sharper also. But true, Xbox does not do a bad job if encodes are made right.
Back on topic... BTW this looks great!
WOW. looks like i will be making my way back to aeon from mediastream
keeganl Wrote:WOW. looks like i will be making my way back to aeon from mediastream

Looks like I might be too.Laugh

Truth be told, the Aeon home screen always looked way better than the MediaStream one. I always had an issue with the TV and Movie views though. The available movie views in the current version barely show the fanart and the performance is really bad on my Mac Mini (while MediaStream is really smooth). Same goes for the TV view really.

I haven't really seen a TV mock up here, and just the movie screen from the other thread, which looks really promising, as it seemed to focus mainly on the poster art and the fanart and it looked really slick. Here's to hoping the new Aeon has a larger focus on fanart in all views. (Cause really, it's the fanart that makes a good skin look great, that's why the main screen looks so amazing when you have great fan art).

I might have missed it being mentioned on one of the other pages, but is there any time frame for a release on the new version? Days, weeks, months? Just curious as I can't wait to try it outLaugh
any more "screens"?
DaSal Wrote:The available movie views in the current version barely show the fanart

I'm not sure that applies to all the views, but you'll be pleased to know the balance of fanart and information is our foremost concern with this new one. Well, one of them.

Quote:I haven't really seen a TV mock up here, and just the movie screen from the other thread, which looks really promising, as it seemed to focus mainly on the poster art and the fanart and it looked really slick.

It won't look much like that one but, again, the strengths you mentioned are important.

Quote:...is there any time frame for a release on the new version? Days, weeks, months?

There is no time frame. To come up with one would be pointless given that we both have quite unpredictable jobs. The best we can do is provide info and screenshots as and when they're available, which is hopefully what we're doing.
djh_ Wrote:I'm not sure that applies to all the views, but you'll be pleased to know the balance of fanart and information is our foremost concern with this new one. Well, one of them.

True, one (from what I remember) of the views shows off the fanart nicely, but for some reason it has horrible performance on my system so it's not really usable for me. Might have missed some settings, though, I suppose. But for instance the "wall" view where there's a wall of posters, it's *extremely* slow for me. You can barely even scroll through it. And that's on a Mac Mini, is this normal? Maybe I'm doing something wrong... Huh Oo

djh_ Wrote:It won't look much like that one but, again, the strengths you mentioned are important.

I'm glad you're acknowledging the importance (or rather, awesomeness) of fan art. Far too many skins obstruct it almost or completely with lots of information boxes. I suppose to many it's preferable as it's arguably more functional, but personally I find the aesthetics just as important. For instance when you have friends over and you're deciding to watch a movie, scrolling through a ton of movies is a lot more fun with gorgeous fan art, it can give you a feel for the style and tone of the movie very effectively, as well.

Either way, I'm really excited to see how this is going to turn out. I'm sure it'll be stunning. You guys do seem to focus on the fanart, at least judging from the main menu which is basically built completely around showing off gorgeous fan art. (At least, that's the feeling I get from it. That's not to say the other elements don't look fantastically executed as well, though Laugh)

djh_ Wrote:There is no time frame. To come up with one would be pointless given that we both have quite unpredictable jobs. The best we can do is provide info and screenshots as and when they're available, which is hopefully what we're doing.

That's cool, I imagine it takes a LOT of time and effort to get it to all work properly. Either way we'll be here waiting (im)patiently for more tidbits and an eventual release...Wink
I am just hoping it stays shiny....

ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
Just posted a few more screenshots. Nothing major.
onesojourner Wrote:I am just hoping it stays shiny....

The frame of this is perfect.

Jewel case always reminds me of the physical form which I need to get rid of.
lymwuwu Wrote:Jewel case always reminds me of the physical form which I need to get rid of.

agreed!
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
Looks absolutely gorgeous, keep up the good work!!!
djh_ Wrote:Just posted a few more screenshots. Nothing major.

Hmm...yum!
ZOTAC IONITX-D-E Intel Atom N330 Dual Core 1.6 GHz NVIDIA ION with LIVE on SSD (now updated to Nvidia Shield Pro (P2897)
Thanks for the update djh_ .
ﻪﻥﻋﺸﻷﻜﻈﭚ
Superb! You've really brought some excitement in here.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon "Stark" - Working screens3