Req Enable SVG support for Kodi Wiki file uploads
Brick 
I know, vector graphics implementation in browsers is nowhere near what it should be, but we have to use what's available, and for certain classes of images it's simply a no-brainer compared to raster formats. Similarly, our Wiki's functionality is already falling short of where it should be, and this is a simple configuration change that can help to arrest that momentum.

For instructions, see here.

As regards the choice of rendering backend, I'm no great lover of Rust, but I'm currently of the opinion that the only sensible choice of the available motley crew is resvg, as librsvg is outright failing to keep pace with standards evolution and both Inkspace and ImageMagick are the wrong class of tools for the job. I don't know what platform the web hosting is using, but I (guardedly) think rustup is a tolerable workaround for any lack of official packages that might be needed. The WMF has resvg live on some beta clusters presently and that has been largely without issue; their stumbling blocks are mostly localization issues which, thankfully, we don't share.

Warmly,
RS

P.S. *cough cough* Scribunto *cough cough*, where do we stand on bringing that online?
@RogueScholar

@ronie who usually maintains the server side of the wiki has been MIA for quite a while.

In addition to the above I know we are still waiting for this to be implemented... https://kodi.wiki/view/Talk:Module:Reply_to

Maybe @wsnipex or @yol might be able to help?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Enable SVG support for Kodi Wiki file uploads0