Special protocol for Artist Information Folder?
Is it possible to access the Artist Information Folder via the special:// protocol? The wiki doesn't mention it, but the page hasn't been touched since 14.0 so maybe it's not up-to-date.
I don't think so.  I was looking at the code for Artist Slideshow (I added support for the Artist Information folder at some point), and here's how I get that folder path:
python:

response = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc":"2.0", "method":"Settings.GetSettingValue", "params":{"setting":"musiclibrary.artistsfolder"}, "id":1}')
try:
    self.LOCALARTISTPATH = _json.loads(response)['result']['value']
except (IndexError, KeyError, ValueError):
    # logic for what to do if you don't get a result

Now that I think about it, that obviously won't be horribly useful if you're trying to access it from the skin though.
I am trying to do it in a skin, yeah, but I appreciate the information regardless, might be useful later. I guess I'm going to have to stick with a hardcoded path for now, doesn't really matter since I'm only modding this skin for myself.

You really seem to have to jump through hoops to do what I'm trying to. I simply wanted to animate the transitions when artist clearlogo and discart changes without crossfading. Slide/fade out the old image, slide/fade in the new one. Sounded easy enough.

The only convoluted solution I've managed to figure out so far is to abruptly hide the image, displaying another image in the same spot and animate that one, and finally slide in the first one with the updated image again after a delay. Which was easier said than done since there doesn't seem to be a way to access the clearlogo/discart of the previous track. So for now I'm stuck with:

Code:
<texture>w:\Artist Information\$INFO[MusicPlayer.offset(-1).Artist]\clearlogo.png</texture>
Not a very pleasing solution. I'm not looking forward to doing the same doubles thing for the many many labels in cu_lyrics, which I also intend to animate out. Kodi could really use a way to hold on to a value until you've completed an animation.
not sure if this would work for what you need (is this for musicplayer artwork?), but you can use a button with an animation to delay the onfocus animation, then have that button set a window property. Doing this lets you effectively delay when the artwork is updated, instead of it refreshing in realtime when the item changes. But if it's for music playback, I'm not sure how you would trigger the button beause there might not necessarily be a user scroll or click preceding items changing. Potentially you could do it with skin timers, but they are only evaluated at 500ms intervals, so that might not be accurate enough for your needs.

Sorry that's probably not much help
It's for the music visualization. I haven't read up on the new timers, but I suspect the main sticking point when using timers will be dealing with both automatic track change at the end of the track and also manually skipping.
yes skin timers can monitor changes, but the evaluation window is every 500ms so there will potentially be a delay before the skin timer updates.
Quote:The only convoluted solution I've managed to figure out so far is to abruptly hide the image, displaying another image in the same spot and animate that one, and finally slide in the first one with the updated image again after a delay. Which was easier said than done since there doesn't seem to be a way to access the clearlogo/discart of the previous track. So for now I'm stuck with:

But it could potentially work for your solution to give you access to the clearlogo/discart of the previous track. If you have, say, a skintimer that updates window properties with these values every X seconds. Then that window property will hold the previous artwork when the track changes (manually or automatically) until the skintimer next refreshes. You can set the interval. As long as a track is more than a couple of seconds long, it would hopefully work.
I see, I didn't know about window properties. Going to read up on it. Thanks for the suggestions.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Special protocol for Artist Information Folder?0