Information Does kodi have a watch part type mode like watch2gether?
Hi... I haven't used kodi since I had a roku box many moons ago! 😁

I was watching Jeff geerlings new video on dropping all the streaming services and using a home server to stream from and I was wondering if there was a watch party mode? Usually on a Tuesday night since the beginning of the pandemic a group of us have been using watch2gether to watch cheesey kung fu/ ninja films on YouTube and was wondering if there's a way to do the same thing with local files? I haven't started backing up my excessive dvd collection yet but was thinking of using a raspberry pi4 and a USB hdd (on a separate powered hub) for home use and wondered if there was a shared mode to stream over a Web browser?

I tried to have a search but nothing I saw seemed relevant other than a few legal threads? If this isn't legal then let me know! Just mainly interested if it is possible...

Thanks!
(2022-10-16, 14:24)pixretro Wrote: dropping all the streaming services and using a home server
Most of Kodi's appeal comes from the way it handles your local library dished out by media you have accumulated. Popular streaming services are handled by 3rd party add-ons, and rely on support and features from authors of various caliber. Suggest you pursue the Youtube forum.
Thanks for the reply...

Sorry... as per usual I've not explained myself properly...

I was looking to stop the streaming services like Netflix... and go back to physical media backed up to a server...

I was wondering if there was a way for multiple households to watch at the same time... currently use a service called watch2gether which only streams YouTube where as I want to stream my local media to others to watch at the same time...
Also I've just noticed the title of the thread... should say watch party...
(2022-10-16, 19:08)pixretro Wrote: Also I've just noticed the title of the thread... should say watch party...

This Kodi Wiki page has options for Internet sharing.  Note though sharing of commercial content is illegal in a number of jurisdictions.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.
Ah right... my bad... thanks anyway... 😊 i wasn't sure as I would be watching it too..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Does kodi have a watch part type mode like watch2gether?0