Best External Blu Ray Player for Kodi?
Hi all, I am looking to buy an external Blu Ray player to play my discs through Kodi so that I can adjust contrast etc.

I was using a PS3 but it doesn't have such options.

Can anyone recommend a player?

Thanks.
(2022-10-18, 14:31)steve11 Wrote: Hi all, I am looking to buy an external Blu Ray player to play my discs through Kodi so that I can adjust contrast etc.

I was using a PS3 but it doesn't have such options.

Can anyone recommend a player?

Thanks.

Contrast etc. adjustment is a function of your display usually - not your player?  Standard BD players don't have contrast/brightness/colour etc. controls usually either.  

Or are you talking about playing UHD HDR Blu-rays on an SDR display and adjusting the tone mapping algorithm being used to convert?

If you want to use a USB BD-ROM/BD-RW drive to play Blu-rays within Kodi - you may also need playback solutions for the DRM used on BDs.
Thanks for response.

Yes I have both KODI and my Projector set up with the contrast levels I want.

However some older BD need the contrast adjusted a little IMO and I don't want to constantly adjust the master settings on my projector as it is tucked away and is only turned on/off.

From reading posts I understand that I will have to 'trick' KODI a little to get discs to play or simply rip them, my collection is too big for that.

Would it perhaps be easier in the long run to buy a standalone BD player with contrast settings in your opinion?
(2022-10-18, 15:18)steve11 Wrote: Would it perhaps be easier in the long run to buy a standalone BD player with contrast settings in your opinion?

I've not seen HD Blu-ray players with internal contrast adjustments for HD SDR content, though I have seem some UHD BD players with HDR->SDR tone mapping adjustments.

I've never had to seriously adjust my TV's settings after an initial calibration in Lightspace with a calibration probe irrespective of the content I'm playing - though I don't have a projector where I can imagine there are more issues.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Best External Blu Ray Player for Kodi?0