Playlist too small on iPad
Hi,

In recent versions, with added items in the menu (I believe), the Playlist space has been reduced to something too small to be useful (especially when editing it). It now shows only less than two items on my old iPad mini 2, running iOS 12.5.6. It should be a third or half (best) the height of the screen to be useful. Regardless of the number of menu items.

Bonus feature: being able to specify the menu items we want (personally I don’t need Pictures, Live TV and Radio). I didn’t see a way to configure this, sorry if I missed it if it exists.

I tried to add a clip from my iPad but it does not work 😑 will try tomorrow from my PC.

Thanks!

Tanguy
Hi Tanguy,

thanks for reaching out. I will have a look at your device and the size of the playlist in the simulator.

The bonus feature already exists. You will find this setting in the App‘s setting menu (iOS settings > Kodi Remote > list of menu items can be switched
on/off separately).
I can see this in the simulator as well. All the menu items are fully shown, which consumes more space as I added more and more menu items during the last year. On your device and in landscape mode this only leaves 2 items from the playlist visible, in portrait mode already 1/3 of the screen's height is used.

When you remove menu items via the App's settings this improves. E.g. removing the three menu items you mentioned will give you 1/4 screen height even in landscape mode and 1/2 in portrait. 

Nevertheless I will see if this can be done better via e.g. limiting the menu item space. Will take a few days to find the time for this.
Thanks for the reply, didn’t think to look in the iOS settings to remove menu items. This will help a lot!
A suggestion: I don’t know how easy or complicated it would be to do, but when editing the playlist, it could take most of the space (leaving just one or two menu items visible), and revert back to the normal split when done editing.
Interesting idea, but nothing to implement quick. I also looked into the solution which leaves a minimum height for the playlist, but I am not too happy with it yet. Please don't expect this to be part of a next hot fix release.
Hi,
These are possible improvements, but nothing urgent, I understand. It’s working well for me now that I reduced the number of menu items.

Is there a way to help develop the app? I see info to help Kodi dev itself, but not the remote. I’m a developper, and I could have time for this. I am unfamiliar with app development, but am interested in learning.

Thanks!
(2022-10-23, 01:05)Rycher42 Wrote: Is there a way to help develop the app? I see info to help Kodi dev itself, but not the remote. I’m a developper, and I could have time for this. I am unfamiliar with app development, but am interested in learning.

sure, source code is at https://github.com/xbmc/Official-Kodi-Remote-iOS

but note that macOS is a requirement for iOS development.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Playlist too small on iPad0