I just found why embedded lyric are not being displayed from DLNA servers
I'm using MediaMonley version 5 to cast my music on Kody who is installed on my fire TV.   My m4a songs have the lyr field properly populated.  

When I cast a song from MediaMonkey no lyric is displayed. if I play the same file using the smb network path , the lyric is displayed.

So I open the script.cu.lrclyrics-6.3.9 code and start to review it.  the problem seem to be here in the utils.py file :

DLNA is being seen has an internetStream or RadioStream , this is why it does not look into the file for the lyric.  I add some logs to confirm this 

if match:
            song.title = song.title[4:]
        if xbmc.getCondVisibility('Player.IsInternetStream') or xbmc.getCondVisibility('Pvr.IsPlayingRadio'):
            # disable search for embedded lyrics for internet streams
            log('disable search for embedded lyrics for internet streams', debug=True)
            song.analyze_safe = False

if not song.artist:
            # We probably listen to online radio which usually sets the song title as 'Artist - Title' (via ICY StreamTitle)
            sep = song.title.find('-')
            if sep > 1:
                song.artist = song.title[:sep - 1].strip()
                song.title = song.title[sep + 1:].strip()
                # The title can contains some additional info in brackets at the end, so we remove it
                song.title = re.sub(r'\([^\)]*\)$', '', song.title)
        if (song.filepath and ((not song.title) or (not song.artist) or (SETTING_READ_FILENAME))):
            song.artist, song.title = get_artist_from_filename(filename=song.filepath, opt=kwargs['opt'])
        if SETTING_CLEAN_TITLE:
            song.title = re.sub(r'\([^\)]*\)$', '', song.title)
        return song

full log is here :

https://paste.kodi.tv/owahoxijam
to confirm this , I put a comment in front of the line : song.analyze_safe = False   and embeded lyric is now working for me.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I just found why embedded lyric are not being displayed from DLNA servers0