What do I need to buy for Kodi and an LG UK6200PLA Smart (aka dumb) TV
Hey guys

I'd like to get something that has a remote control too, that works with Kodi, for a dumb tv from LG, model UK6200PLA. I am very new to this, could someone please point me to some guide, if not the direct answers? I don't even know what to look for. 

Thank you
(2022-10-23, 21:59)ScoobiDoobi Wrote: Hey guys

I'd like to get something that has a remote control too, that works with Kodi, for a dumb tv from LG, model UK6200PLA. I am very new to this, could someone please point me to some guide, if not the direct answers? I don't even know what to look for. 

Thank you

Would help if you explained a bit more about what you want to do with Kodi.  Play locally stored media from a USB drive? Play media over a local wired network from a NAS, or via WiFi etc.?  Do you want to play UHD HDR content or just HD and SD?  Do you want to use processor intensive skins or stick with default ?  Do you want to do anything other than Kodi on the same box - i.e. Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+ etc. (again in HD or UHD HDR?) 

There are a lot of different options at varying price points and with varying functionality - so knowing a bit more about your requirements would probably allow people to give you better advice.
Thank you for the help. One at a time:

a. I'd like to play The Crew live channels on a smart dumb LG TV, I am kind of sick of the channels in the local offers, and I use them as a background sound/break time thing when working. Most probably other live tv addons too in the future.
b. Not interested in locally stored media.
c. HD is fine.
d. If skins are just menu looks, I don't care, I can handle both CPU intensive or not. Default means less hassle? Smile)
e. Nothing else beside Kodi.

Thanks again.
@ScoobiDoobi - "The Crew" is a piracy banned addon (wiki) and no support is given for it (or anything else on that list) here.

Please go and actually read the forum rules (wiki) that you accepted and agreed to abide by when you signed up here, and do not ask about such things again.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Thank you. I would edit my post but I can't. So I will change it here:

a. I'd like to play non banned live channels on a smart dumb LG TV, I am kind of sick of the channels in the local offers, and I use them as a background sound/break time thing when working. Most probably other live tv addons too in the future.
Afraid I can't help. I only really use Kodi for locally stored media replay, not streaming.
Thank you nevertheless, will try to find out a guide in this regard. Cheers

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What do I need to buy for Kodi and an LG UK6200PLA Smart (aka dumb) TV0