MPAA rating nl kijkwijzer
I'm using the Aeon Tajo skin on Kodi Matrix and I've been breaking my head on the MPAA age rating. I'm trying to show the dutch kijkwijzer logo's instead of the US MPAA logo's, I found the in the Textures.xbt that's in the addon media folder (nl-al, nl-6, nl-12...) but I can't seem to have them show up in my movie info screens, I tried the logo's of other countries that are also in the Textures.xbt file but these don't show either? Does anyone have any idea what might be wrong? Thanks in advance, big fan of the skin btw!!!
(2022-10-25, 23:53)WaynEKV Wrote: m trying to show the dutch kijkwijzer logo's instead of the US MPAA logo's
Certification ratings are detailed in the skin files here... https://github.com/manfeed/skin.aeon.taj...s.xml#L696
It does not look like Netherland ratings are included, so you will need to edit the skin file to add them.
Then in your database you need to prefix the rating with the country.
eg for Australia ratings, I would prefix my ratings with Australia: and the rating is saved as Australia:PG (fyi the Australia rating in the above link is wrong)
The skin then matches that prefix with that variable in the skin file to show the correct icon.
The prefix is set in the scraper settings.
The icons need to be added to the xbt file and referenced in the skin file above as they don't seem to be included... https://github.com/manfeed/skin.aeon.taj...flags/mpaa
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Here you go, created the MPAA badges based on this source. Ask respected @manfeed to add them to the new release of Aeon Tajo or you can do it yourself - like in this link.
Link to icons - MPAA_NL

Thanks Karellen and Konon for the explanation, I tried to edit some settings in variables.xml but I can't seem to get it work, I decompiled the Textures.xbt that's in the addons Media folder and found 2 seperate MPAA folders, one in flags/mpaa which already contains the NL icons and one in resources/mpaa which does not contain the NL icons.
I've been trying different settings and prefixes and found some strange things, when I change my prefix to "Russian:" I get the russian icons (thanks Konon), when I change it to "Germany:" I still get the US G icon, which seems to be some sort of fallback icons? When I tried to change the name of the icons in the variables.xml it does not show them.
Anyway I might use the "Russian:" prefix which almost uses the same age ratings, my main goal is that my kids can see themselves which movies are suited for them.
(2022-10-26, 23:19)WaynEKV Wrote: when I change it to "Germany:" I still get the US G icon
In the link I gave you, is there code for German ratings?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-10-26, 23:19)WaynEKV Wrote: Thanks Karellen and Konon for the explanation, I tried to edit some settings in variables.xml but I can't seem to get it work, I decompiled the Textures.xbt that's in the addons Media folder and found 2 seperate MPAA folders, one in flags/mpaa which already contains the NL icons and one in resources/mpaa which does not contain the NL icons.
I've been trying different settings and prefixes and found some strange things, when I change my prefix to "Russian:" I get the russian icons (thanks Konon), when I change it to "Germany:" I still get the US G icon, which seems to be some sort of fallback icons? When I tried to change the name of the icons in the variables.xml it does not show them.
Anyway I might use the "Russian:" prefix which almost uses the same age ratings, my main goal is that my kids can see themselves which movies are suited for them.
In the .nfo and .xml file, the names must match. Then everything will work out.

Image Image
Yes there is:
xml:
<!-- MPAA Alemanha -->
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK0) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated 0) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK 0) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK o.A.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,o.A.) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,ab 0) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Germany:0) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Germany:o.Al.)">$VAR[mediaicons_path]mpaa/FSK-0.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK6) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated 6) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK 6) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,ab 6) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Germany:6)">$VAR[mediaicons_path]mpaa/FSK-6.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK12) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated 12) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK 12) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,ab 12) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Germany:12)">$VAR[mediaicons_path]mpaa/FSK-12.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK16) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated 16) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK 16) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,ab 16) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Germany:16)">$VAR[mediaicons_path]mpaa/FSK-16.png</value>
<value condition="String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK18) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Rated 18) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,FSK 18) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,ab 18) | String.Contains(ListItem.Mpaa,Germany:18)">$VAR[mediaicons_path]mpaa/FSK-18.png</value>
The Github code also seems to be a bit different then the code in variables.xml, although there's a commented line that says Australia, the Australien icon file names are not mentioned anywhere.
Can't get it to work with "Germany:" prefix, which is in the code, I really don't understand...  Huh
(2022-10-26, 23:37)WaynEKV Wrote: although there's a commented line that says Australia, the Australien icon file names are not mentioned anywhere.
Yea, that is why I stated earlier the Australia code is wrong. Someone wrote Australia in the comment, but it is the ratings code for Hungary

Also make sure you restart Kodi after you make any changes to the skin files and follow Konon's guide above with the nfo check. If you don't have nfo files, then have a quick peek into the database and post a screenshot of what you have.
My Signature
(2022-10-26, 23:44)WaynEKV Wrote: Can't get it to work with "Germany:" prefix, which is in the code, I really don't understand...  Huh
For Germany, names like in the screenshot should work.

Konon explained perfectly the matter. The variable looks for a match in the <value> lines, the first value that matches the condition is used, the rest of the lines are not taken into account. The country comment is only for reference, the important thing are the <value> lines…
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, please click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :)
Hey @manfeed.
Oh, I seem to have found a mistake. In the example above it should be FSK 6, not FSK 16.
This is what I get with the Russian: prefix

And this what I get with the Germany: prefix

The Russian icon is correct but the German is one of the US icons no?
@manfeed would it be a big hussle to add the Dutch kijkwijzer age ratings? I'm a big fan of your skin, I've been using it for the last couple of years but now that my kids are getting older I want to make sure they understand which movies they can see in an easy way.
I noticed the dutch kijkwijzer icons are already in the media/flags/mpaa folder, is below code sufficient?
xml:
        <value condition="String.Contains(VideoPlayer.mpaa,Netherlands:AL)">$VAR[mediaicons_path]mpaa/nl-al.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(VideoPlayer.mpaa,Netherlands:6)">$VAR[mediaicons_path]mpaa/nl-6.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(VideoPlayer.mpaa,Netherlands:9)">$VAR[mediaicons_path]mpaa/nl-9.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(VideoPlayer.mpaa,Netherlands:12)">$VAR[mediaicons_path]mpaa/nl-12.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(VideoPlayer.mpaa,Netherlands:16)">$VAR[mediaicons_path]mpaa/nl-16.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(VideoPlayer.mpaa,Netherlands:18)">$VAR[mediaicons_path]mpaa/nl-18.png</value>
        <value condition="String.Contains(VideoPlayer.mpaa,Netherlands:mg6)">$VAR[mediaicons_path]mpaa/nl-mg6.png</value>
(2022-10-27, 00:23)WaynEKV Wrote: This is what I get with the Russian: prefix
And this what I get with the Germany: prefix
The Russian icon is correct but the German is one of the US icons no?
Yes, if you specify FSK6 and ab6 - it works, but with Germany: 6 it does not work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MPAA rating nl kijkwijzer0