Req SkyShowtime video add-on
(2023-03-13, 13:46)xaviron Wrote: [Mod edit] The listed (now deleted) URL directs to a page with many links that violate the Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) This entire thread appears to be running a thin line on the edge of the forum rules [PatK]

@PatK I don't understand that last bit? There are plenty of video addons available for Kodi that allow users to play content that they paid for. Example addons are Disney+, HBO Max, Amazon VOD, Netflix, etc. etc.

Why would the request for a SkyShowtime addon be any different?
I'm developing (or trying to) an addon for skyshowtime and peacock (they use the same API). Due to the signatures in the header, currently it only works with peacock.

It someone figures out how to create the signatures for skyshowtime then the addon will work with skyshowtime as well.
@MrMagic

Sky tend to come down quite hard on third party applications using their streams, logos or other intellectual properties.

We've already seen examples of previous addons and skins which made use of such getting cease and desist orders.

Hence we tend to be somewhat "careful" about requests and promotion of such addons here, just for a quiet life...
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
(2023-03-13, 21:22)Paco8 Wrote: I'm developing (or trying to) an addon for skyshowtime and peacock (they use the same API). Due to the signatures in the header, currently it only works with peacock.

It someone figures out how to create the signatures for skyshowtime then the addon will work with skyshowtime as well.
brilliant work, hopefully you will have some joy with both of these, if you need any beta testers, just let me know....lol
Hey guys. I think I might have stumbled across a solution worth looking into.
The Norwegian streaming service Strim.no is sort of like an all-in-one streaming service. With Strim I can stream SkyShowtime content from within the website itself. And it works on Linux, unlike the SkyShowtime site and Peacock TV. This means that Strim's DRM is not as strict and probably our best shot at finding the necessary information needed in order to build this addon. If y'all are interested, they do offer a free trial. However... This site is very much anti VPN. So good luck finding a VPN provider with a working Norwegian server.
Anyway... I am not a programmer. However I am from Norway, so I do have access to Strim.no.
But because I'm not a programmer, I wouldn't know what to look for in the dev tools or in the website's source code or anything. Sorry about that. But feel free to shoot me a DM if I can be of any assistance regarding the matter.
Got a couple of questions

1) How often will cookie last, do we have to keep activating it?

2) In the Live & Upcoming section, is it possible to show what is currently live and a time when other content will begin? At present its just one long list and unless you know specific timings, its pretty hard to tell

But need to say a big thanks for getting this far
Just an update for the dev @Paco8  tried the same method to get cookie on sky showtime as i did on peacock, but get a security error when trying to play anything
I'm afraid the addon doesn't work yet with SkyShowtime. If you install the cookie you'll be able to see your profiles, but that's all. Playback will fail. The reason is that most of the requests have to have a signature in the header and we don't know how to create that signature for SkyShowtime. 
Any help about that is very welcome https://github.com/Paco8/plugin.video.skyott/issues/3
(2023-03-21, 00:27)Paco8 Wrote: I'm afraid the addon doesn't work yet with SkyShowtime. If you install the cookie you'll be able to see your profiles, but that's all. Playback will fail. The reason is that most of the requests have to have a signature in the header and we don't know how to create that signature for SkyShowtime. 
Any help about that is very welcome https://github.com/Paco8/plugin.video.skyott/issues/3
ok thanks anyway, fingers crossed you get it sorted
Very good news, TAJLN found out the key for SkyShowtime. We are going to have a SkyShowtime addon very soon.
Just tested it, playback works on Androd.
Version 0.1.2 may be the first one where SkyShowtime works.
https://github.com/Paco8/plugin.video.skyott

Follow the instructions there.
(2023-03-25, 11:24)Paco8 Wrote: Version 0.1.2 may be the first one where SkyShowtime works.

I tried this on my Shield Pro 2019 with a recent Kodi Omega build, but it doesn't work.

I had to retrieve the cookie manually because your tool crashes out with some "403 Forbidden" error when trying to start Chrome.

I also had to manually install your script.module.ttml2ssa-0.3.8-matrix.zip otherwise the addon wouldn't install because of a dependency error.

Anyway, after doing all that and logging in with the cookie, it recognized the profiles in the SkyShowTime account so I assume am I logged in then. I chose my own profile and it showed it in a bold font.

All menu items were in Spanish though and the "Mi lista" one was empty even though I have added some shows there.

I then searched for the TV show Halo and it found it (with all titles in Spanish again). However when I tried to play the first episode the error "Missing mandatory data: X-SkyOTT-UserToken" popped up.
The dependency on script.module.ttml2ssa was a mistake, I've just fixed it in version 0.1.3.
If you can see the profiles that means that the cookie is correct. The other problems seem to indicate that for some reason the signature code is not working.
(2023-03-25, 12:56)Paco8 Wrote: The other problems seem to indicate that for some reason the signature code is not working

Is it possible that the key that was found doesn't work for all regions or something? I'm in The Netherlands myself. I have a rooted Android phone, so I could try to see if I can run that Frida script on it.
I'm not sure if that's the problem but you can certainly try.

Anyway, could you try version 0.1.5? I've just fixed a problem with the localisation (not working) but I also added some debug lines which can provide a clue about why it's failing. Enable debug mode in kodi, enter in the addon. Then you can look for "get_localisation" and "get_tokens" in the kodi.log and see if there are any errors there.

This is what I get:
Quote:2023-03-25 13:15:24.974 T:140067769796352   DEBUG: [plugin.video.skyott] {
                                                "x-skyott-proposition": "SKYSHOWTIME", 
                                                "x-skyott-provider": "SKYSHOWTIME", 
                                                "x-sky-signature": "SkyOTT client=\"SKYSHOWTIME-ANDROID-v1\",signature=\"UnjMYOyhTGKBcJyvJfE/L2YcLS0=\",timestamp=\"1679746524\",version=\"1.0\"", 
                                                "Accept": "application/vnd.localisationinfo.v1+json", 
                                                "User-Agent": "Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/74.0.3729.169 Safari/537.36"
                                            }
2023-03-25 13:15:25.027 T:140067769796352   DEBUG: [plugin.video.skyott] get_localisation: data: {u'headers': {u'x-skyott-activeterritory': u'ES', u'x-skyott-language': u'es-ES', u'x-skyott-territory': u'ES'}, u'territoryAvailabilityStatus': u'AVAILABLE'}

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SkyShowtime video add-on0