Kodi Interface questions
I learned that Ember can connect to the Kodi DB.

I am unsure what it does and doesn't, and I dont want to mess up my DB or my nfo files. There was quite some manual work done to get the nfo files the way I want it and I do not want to lose any of it by not understanding what is happening.
So maybe someone can give me a quick intro to what and what not to do?

My usual workflow is:
  - create a LOCAL folder for a new movie
  - manually add the poster (I prefer original cinema poster artwork so I dont rely on auto scraped posters)
  - scrape the movie in Ember to create the nfo and download fanart
  - do any manual adjustments to the nfo that I might feel neccessary
  - upload it to my NAS
  - import the file on the NAS to Kodi

So on my local computer I have a completely mirrored backup of the files on the NAS. Ember only accesses the local files, any changed are done here and are then uploaded to the NAS.
The one thing that annoys me is that the watched status gets lost when i refresh a movie in Kodi (re-read the nfo). So all I really need is a way to get the watched status from Kodi and insert it into the nfo. Preferably I'd like it to be written into my local files first which I then will upload to the NAS, but if neccessary it would be OK to write it to the NAS files and download those then again to my local mirror.

Anything else would be optional. I read it might be possible to access and modify Kodi's thumbnail files. Since sometimes Yatse still sticks to older poster-thumbnails this might be a nice feature...?...

Can anyone tell me what to do?
There are multiple ways of doing this.

You could export the library and modify your advancedsettings.xml to import the watched status next time you load an NFO

You could use WatchedList to restore the watched status after you reload a movie (That's what i use)

You could use Trakt.tv in conjunction with Ember to store and retrieve watched statuses
[4 Kodi Clients + 4 Norco RPC-4224 Media Servers w/376 TB HDD Space]
As also Pr.Sinister suggested, I would use the Trakt.tv addon in Kodi to save the watched state externally and use the Trakt.tv addon im Ember to write the watched state back to the NFOs. I think you also have to enable "get watched state from NFO" in Kodi over Kodi's AdvancedSettings.xml with the line <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate> (see here).

The Kodi Interface addon in Ember needs a 1:1 source mapping with Kodi to work. But the way you wrote it doesn't seem like an option for you.
(2022-10-31, 01:10)DanCooper Wrote: The Kodi Interface addon in Ember needs a 1:1 source mapping with Kodi to work. But the way you wrote it doesn't seem like an option for you.

No, no, it IS an option, I just hoped the other way would be possible. So I set the paths to the NAS and match them to Kodi's actual entries as found in sources.xml?
I now have set up Trakt (signed in and installed and ran the Kodi plugin), but how do I import the watched status from Trakt to Ember and write it into the nfo files? In the Trakt plugin the options are before editing (which does not seem to be possible for multiple movies at once?) or during scraping (but I do not want to rescrape movie info, i just want to get the watched status from Trakt...). Am I missing something?

Alternatively, if i would use the WatchedList (I'd try to use the mysql-DB as I also use this for my Kodi media), can I reset a movie that is set to watched in the WatchedList-DB to unwatched if neccessary?

And something else - I have set multiple source folders in Ember. Can I filter the movie list in Ember to only show a specific source folder?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi Interface questions0