Hdr new Apple tv 2022
Does hdr work on the new Apple tv with the latest kodi?
Nobody? I want to buy a new all in one device for my subscription apps. But also want to use the new Apple tv for playing movies through my nas with Kodi.
Im comfortable with the signing so that isnt a problem.
I think the new Apple tv is more than powerful for al these things. But i really want hdr.
Waiting for the answer so i can order the new version.🥳
(2022-11-06, 14:18)darkmen Wrote: Nobody?

Please note that this is not your typical commercial Apple store. And that on internet forums, replies sometimes take a little longer. It's also Sunday....
Bumping your own question within 24 hours is considered poor forum etiquette. So have a bit of patience, grasshopper.

@kambala perhaps? ^^
HDR in Kodi doesn't work on ATV, PRs are welcome
Sorry for that!
Thats a pitty no hdr support yet on the A15 chip.
Im gonna stick to my vero then for a while ,which is also still a very good kodi machine with super support.
Hi @kambala just wanted to confirm Kodi would work with the newest 2022 ATV correct? I have it installed on my ATV HD but just to be safe.

Posted by kambala - 2022-11-06, 21:59
HDR in Kodi doesn't work on ATV, PRs are welcome
(2022-11-13, 09:10)hommekodee Wrote: Hi @kambala just wanted to confirm Kodi would work with the newest 2022 ATV correct? I have it installed on my ATV HD but just to be safe.

yes, Kodi itself works on all ATV 4th Gen including HD models
1. Kodi works fine on new Apple TV, it's faster than any other device I ever tried (I have also Shield 2019, two actually :-). I use 19.5 myself.
2. HDR(HDR10 nor Dolby Vision) doesn't work, but I believe it's not ATV problem, as it works absolutely perfectly on Infuse. So I guess it can be coded to tvOS Kodi as well, I hope it will be some day.
3. HD Audio passthrough doesn't work either, but that has to be supported by Apple first, can't be done without that by Kodi devs.
Will HDR support coming?

Apple TV and Kodi might be the best combination, but without HDR support it doesn't make sense. It's a pity not to use that hardware.
it may come one day
(2023-02-10, 08:45)kambala Wrote: it may come one day

Looking very much forward to that day and installation of Kodi may also be a much simpler and more user friendly experience without the need of a developer account or weekly re-signing with tvOS 17 I think.
Hi,
Any updates on this topic? I was really exciting to buy Apple TV, but disappointed while I found this issue.
Thank you in advance!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Hdr new Apple tv 20220