Req VLC as player
Good day,

I have tried this myself and have gone through the internet but clearly I am doing something wrong, I'm trying to get Kodi to play through VLC so I can chromecast it onto my TV. I have edited the XML file as required and I get the option to play with VLC through Kodi but it doesn't work so clearly I am doing something wrong, I have absolutely no knowledge in coding, just trying to follow steps people have done to get it to play through VLC.

Is there anyone that can assist me in getting to use VLC as an option as a player?

Thank you
@ShadowXFX 

1) This probably not the best section to post this - let us know what platform you're running Kodi on and this can be moved.

edit: Actually I will move to video support.

2)
Quote: I have edited the XML file as required and I get the option to play with VLC through Kodi but it doesn't work so clearly I am doing something wrong,

It would be useful if you actually included the modifications you have made to the XML, how else can anyone help to check if you've done something wrong?

Have you checked https://kodi.wiki/view/External_players to see how to do it?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
1) Thanks, wasn't to sure what is was classified as.

2)Sorry about that, yeah did check the wiki page but I think I might not be understanding it correctly.

<!-- # Goes inside %APPDATA%\kodi\userdata -->
xml:
<playercorefactory>
<players>
<player name="VLC" type="ExternalPlayer" audio="false" video="true">
<filename>C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe</filename>
<args>--fullscreen "{1}"</args>
<hidexbmc>false</hidexbmc>
</player>
</players>
<rules action="prepend">
<rule video="true" player="VLC"/>
</rules>
</playercorefactory>

I made this change in ProgramFiles/Kodi/system. I replaced the current "playercorefactory" XML file.
Quote:I made this change in ProgramFiles/Kodi/system. I replaced the current "playercorefactory" XML file.

To customize playback behaviour, users need to create an extra playercorefactory.xml file inside their userdata folder.

Windows: %APPDATA%\Kodi\userdata

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
VLC as player0