Kodi can't play files from
All:

Just some additional information. I do not believe it is an access issue. I have a similar issue with my Ventura client on an SMB share. On all other platforms it works (win 10 / win 11/xbox ) except on Ventura it gives a problem. Before the update to Ventura all was working fine. This is the error I am getting:

2022-11-19 20:26:51.721 T:563366   ERROR <general>: Read - Error( -1, 53, Software caused connection abort )
I can confirm that Kodi 19.4 (sideloaded to an AppleTV4 and also to an iPad) can no longer play media on a home-networked Mac since I updated that Mac to Ventura 13.0.1. The media files are on an external drive shared via NFS and were playable under all recent versions of Mac OS (Monterey, Big Sur, etc.) and using all recent versions of Kodi since 17.x. Since I updated the Mac to Ventura, Kodi can still see all my media files but can no longer even display thumbnails for them, let alone play them. Error messages in my Kodi log are the same as those described earlier in this thread.

On my Ventura Mac, using NFS Manager version 5.6, I set the share options of the external drive as: -mapall=0 -ro -network 192.168.1.0 -mask 255.255.255.0. I've also granted Full Disk Access to the nfsd process.

I'll also mention that a second Mac on my home network can access the NFS-shared drive on the Ventura Mac and successfully play its media files (using QuickTime Player). That would indicate to me that the Ventura Mac's NFS config is still valid, in and of itself.

I also tested the Kodi version 20 Beta (sideloaded to my iPad), but it has the same non-playable problems as version 19.4.
The kernel of macOS Ventura may cause NFS communication problems with third-party operating systems if the buffer size is greater than 64 KiB: When macOS 13 or later tries to send data to NFS software of a different operating system type (especially Unix systems with “System V”-like behavior), the network connection may fail if a buffer size greater than 65,536 bytes is negotiated in send direction of macOS. This can affect both server and client features. Access on the client side stops responding, or experiences severe performance problems.

Workaround: This is a known issue with the kernel of macOS 13 or later. As a workaround, limit the NFS buffer on the client side for communication in direction to the non-macOS system to 65,536 bytes. For example, if macOS is used as a server, add the option “rsize=65536” to the mount command of the client. If macOS is used as a client, add “wsize=65536” to its mount command. The latter is equivalent to establishing the additional option Client Tuning > Write buffer size: 65536 in NFS Manager, either for the client, for each affected mount, or for each affected automount.

https://www.bresink.com/osx/143439/issues.html

I did try a quick test to mount an NFS share through the LIBREELEC OS with the -o wsize=65536 and it did not fix the problem... Need to spend more time on it.
Yes just today I emailed Marcel Bresink to pick his thoughts on the problem and he referred me to that buffer problem. Unfortunately, I don't see any way in Kodi 19.4 to enter the wsize info when adding or mounting an NFS share.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi can't play files from0