Unable to install from zip file.This message pop-up.
Unable to install from zip file.This message pop-up.

"NOTE THAT ADDS-ON INSTALLED FROM ZIP(EXCLUDING SAVED REPOSITORIES WILL NOT AUTO-UPDATE AND MUST BE MANUALLY UPDATED.WOULD YOU LIKE TO PROCEED?"

Kindly help.
Thank you.
(2022-11-09, 10:22)Azmi Wrote: Unable to install from zip file.This message pop-up.
Answer Yes and it will install.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
Is it possible that this warning message does not appear anymore in Kodi 20?
No, as it's a required advisory and is still very much applicable.

We have had cases in the past of users installing addons singly via zip files, and then wondering why they didn't get updates. That warning explains why.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
That's weird. When I click on "Install from zip-file" the message does not pop up anymore whatsoever.
(2023-02-13, 19:55)dersven Wrote: That's weird.
Indeed. Care to provide us the debug log (wiki), perhaps we can find the culprit.
I will post a log. But I want to double check the question since the "Note that addons installed from zip files" warning message does not appear on Kodi for Android as well, fresh install on a fresh device without any previous data (no upgrade). Does the message really pop up for everybody else?
(2023-02-14, 20:23)dersven Wrote: Does the message really pop up for everybody else?

Yes. That is if you are using a legitimate version of Kodi made by us and not some dodgy "build" from elsewhere. It is possible that if you are then whoever put it together may have removed the message.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
No, I am not using a build, like I said it's a fresh Kodi on a fresh device. Why you suddenly come with this accusations?
Just tried on both 20 & 21 for Windows; the warning is not present.
Tried on 19, it is there, as always.
(2023-02-14, 22:35)dersven Wrote: No, I am not using a build, like I said it's a fresh Kodi on a fresh device. Why you suddenly come with this accusations?

Relax, it was not an accusation but rather a mere insinuation.
(2023-02-14, 22:35)dersven Wrote: No, I am not using a build, like I said it's a fresh Kodi on a fresh device. Why you suddenly come with this accusations?

Not an accusation but a possible explanation - which you have eliminated.
(2023-02-14, 22:42)OTinley Wrote: Just tried on both 20 & 21 for Windows; the warning is not present.
Tried on 19, it is there, as always.

Well that is interesting!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to install from zip file.This message pop-up.0