Showing How Skin Works On YouTube
I posted a video on YouTube showing off my skin The Green Button and it got removed from YouTube for violating their harmful and dangerous policy.
Quote:Content that shows viewers how to gain unauthorized free access to audio content, audiovisual content, full video games, software, or streaming services that normally require payment is not allowed. This policy applies to videos, video descriptions, comments, live streams, and any other YouTube product or feature. Keep in mind this list is not comprehensive.
I didn't do any of that but my appeal failed as well. 

Is there a way to post a video of a skin without violating that policy? I had a short portion of a Seinfeld episode and Impractical Jokers but it was only 5 seconds of each.
Unfortunately YouTube is super sensitive when it comes to videos that feature Kodi. They often assume that any Kodi videos are promoting video piracy, it is a symptom of the plague of piracy addons that have tarnished Kodi's name (an ongoing battle we face as Team Kodi trying to educate the average person on the Internet is not the intended use case).

Perhaps you can try to illustrate using a copyright free video such as "Big Buck Bunny"? https://peach.blender.org/download/
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
That's a bummer. 

Thanks for the suggestion. I think I will try again and not play any live video this time. Hopefully it won't earn me a strike...

Thanks again.
"Big Buck Bunny" and "Sintel" both can show off Kodi features; hopefully without google getting in your case.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Showing How Skin Works On YouTube0