Bug Music playback problem
I've been having a recurring annoying problem when playing music. 
I stream from my media PC over hardwired gigabit network with the NVidia Shield (using the latest stable builds of Aeon Nox: Silvo and Kodi).
Sometimes the player in Kodi will skip to the end of the queue or skip several songs after playing the first song in the queue.  This happens with mp3s and flacs of varying quality.  Looking at the display, I can see the remaining tracks flip through without playing.
The only thing that seems to reliably 'fix' the issue is to do a hard reset of the Shield, wireless router, and cable modem, and clear the Kodi cache.  Hard resetting the Shield alone and clearing the Kodi cache usually won't fix the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Or know what might be causing it?

Thanks!
(2022-11-18, 01:41)Funky_K Wrote: Sometimes the player in Kodi will skip to the end of the queue or skip several songs after playing the first song in the queue
Normally means that the music files are not accessible or not playable.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-11-18, 02:03)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-11-18, 01:41)Funky_K Wrote: Sometimes the player in Kodi will skip to the end of the queue or skip several songs after playing the first song in the queue
Normally means that the music files are not accessible or not playable.
Immediately after skipping the remaining tracks, I can click on any track (that was just skipped) and it will start playing without issue.
(2022-11-18, 02:07)Funky_K Wrote: Immediately after skipping the remaining tracks, I can click on any track (that was just skipped) and it will start playing without issue.
Ok, capture the problem in a Debug Log and provide the link to the full log.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
For anyone else having this problem, I was able predictably reproduce it.
When I run my bittorrent client (qBittorrent) on the PC that contains the music database, the problem surfaces.
Rebooting everything... modem/router/Shield/PC and clearing Kodi cache fixes the problem.
Simply shutting down qBittorrent on the host PC does NOT fix the problem.
I might try to narrow down what is needed to fix it by rebooting individual devices, but for now I have a reliable cause/fix.

Any idea why qBittorrent is causing the problem?  Or how to prevent qBittorrent from causing the problem?

Thanks
(2022-12-10, 10:44)Funky_K Wrote: For anyone else having this problem, I was able predictably reproduce it.
When I run my bittorrent client (qBittorrent) on the PC that contains the music database, the problem surfaces.
Rebooting everything... modem/router/Shield/PC and clearing Kodi cache fixes the problem.
Simply shutting down qBittorrent on the host PC does NOT fix the problem.
I might try to narrow down what is needed to fix it by rebooting individual devices, but for now I have a reliable cause/fix.

Any idea why qBittorrent is causing the problem?  Or how to prevent qBittorrent from causing the problem?

Thanks
Perhaps if you follow the advice given by Karellen in reply #4 last month and supply a link to your Debug Log you may get some support.

That's the best practice and what everyone is waiting for to be able to analyse your issue using facts and not conjecture.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2022-12-10, 10:44)Funky_K Wrote: When I run my bittorrent client (qBittorrent) on the PC that contains the music database, the problem surfaces.
Any idea why qBittorrent is causing the problem?

have you already asked the qBittorrent devs why their tool would cause a network problem for others? Is it locking certain files during/after a download?
It is basically a download tool, and should not interfere with other devices or applications using the local network.
Or are you downloading that much that your network capacity gets fully congested?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music playback problem0