I was asked to describe my setup
So, finally I get into this state as well. But this is really hard to reach for me.
- Set up WiFi hotspot on the Windows PC which has the Linux guest with Kodi running on it (it *must* be connected to internet to be able to do this)
- Connect my iPhone to this WiFi hotspot
- Disable internet on my WiFi router (just unplugging power)
- Set manual WiFi IP on iPhone, let "router" empty
- Status: here we go -> error popup that there is no internet connection. This is independent of App or system wide cellular data settings.

From here I only get back to normal if I start my WiFi router again and go from there.

Now in simulator I get the same when 
- Set up WiFi hotspot on the Windows PC which has the Linux guest with Kodi running on it (it *must* be connected to internet to be able to do this
- Connect my MacBook to this WiFi hotspot
- Set manual WiFi IP on WLAN setting of MacBook, let "router" empty (did not find this option before)
- Status: here we go -> error popup that there is no internet connection.

And it is confirmed this also happens after the migration to NSURLSession. And the error is reported where expected: URLSession:task:didCompleteWithError: 
Good news, but I still have no idea how to resolve this.
That makes things easier!

So, to clarify, are you saying that you can't create a hotspot without an internet connection on the laptop, or that you can't recreate the problem in-app without the hotspot laptop having internet access?
(8 hours ago)Appstore-temp Wrote: So, to clarify, are you saying that you can't create a hotspot without an internet connection on the laptop, or that you can't recreate the problem in-app without the hotspot laptop having internet access?
I cannot create a hotspot on the Windows notebook w/o having an internet connection at the time of attempting to create the hotspot. Of course I can switch off the internet after I created the hotspot -- what I did. But in this case the in-app behavior stays the same.

The more promising approach for me is to use the simulator on a MacBook, connected to the hotspot (with internet access), but removing the router from the MacBook's WiFi settings. Will retry this later today, hoping it is still reproducible. In the meanwhile I searched the internet for any hints, searching was about "NSURLSession NURLRequest local network without internet without router". Even though there a quite some threads / comment around similar situations, I am not yet finding the breakthrough hint to resolve this.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
I was asked to describe my setup0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.