Radio Series
Is there any provision or recommendations for playback of Radio Series - other than treating them as unrecognised music tracks? I'm thinking of Radio Series such as the Navy Lark etc?

Thanks
Thread moved to Music Support.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
Well, that's an interesting question.  Off hand thinking maybe an addon could create something like a radio series?  Sure you could create a smart playlist per series and display as a widget set, but that's not as feature rich as you probably would like.

scott s.
maintainer of skin  Aeon MQ5 mods for post-Gotham Kodi releases:
Matrix see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Matrix release thread
Nexus see: Aeon MQ5 Mod Nexus release thread
Aeon MQ 5 skin and addon repo 11.1.0
I just treat radio series like an album when tagging to group them in Kodi and other applications. Easier for a podcast app like BBC Sounds with their own backend metadata.

ALBUM: Name of the series obviously.
ARTIST: Since most of mine are BBC radio series I usually set the artist to a common "BBC Radio" for grouping if not using smart lists in Kodi.
GENRE: Multiple entries such as drama/comedy/scfi for HHGTTG. Maybe also add radio as a genre.
DISCNUMBER: I use the disc number as the series number (with specials given their own series number and then later series incremented by one) and also set the discsubtitle name for each series such as "Series 1" or "Christmas Special 2002" so you get them separated in Kodi album view like a multidisc album (and can use different cover art for each series).
DATE: Original broadcast date.

Tricky one is single dramas/shows as otherwise you'll have a million albums. You could use a common album name like "BBC Drama" with individual tracks but then you won't get individual cover art for each (like in BBC Sounds) so you'd need to use discnumber method above for each track.

Hope this helps.
(2022-11-21, 18:03)RobTheBalding Wrote: Is there any provision or recommendations for playback of Radio Series - other than treating them as unrecognised music tracks? I'm thinking of Radio Series such as the Navy Lark etc?

Thanks

There is another approach you could take.
Mux them all into mkv files, and name them as TV series, then add nfo files (and fanart).  That way kodi will keep track of your watched .... err, listened status for you as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Radio Series0