[split] Kodi add-ons
its not to say the add-ons are being used ! i have 2 bottles of milk by my front door but doesn't mean ive a cow in the back garden. ordering someone to remove something thats not being promoted nor played on here is typical of what this world is coming too.. 99.9% of people probably have the same add ons ,sorry not probably ,most definitely. kodi/ XBMC wouldn't have got where it is now without the add-ons, which may i add do not actually host the piracy its the person who chooses to use it for that said purpose. As long as kodi are not promoting it there is nothing legalities can punish kodi for the same as twitter are protected by article 230 this being a social forum kodi would get the same privilege .my rant is not about the use of piracy but the refusal to help someone due to what they have on their personal computer within their own home that is to everyones knowledge not breaking any laws just people assuming then on those assumptions demanding persons remove or change something to suit their liking or the said persons  face consequences. why not just write "hey buddy ,we dont allow/like those add-ons can you remove the log and post a new one" but no yet threats are used instead of diplomacy and decorum
@loki grey

Interesting first post. Who are you defending, or you just having a bad day?

(2022-11-23, 01:35)loki grey Wrote: 99.9% of people probably have the same add ons ,sorry not probably ,most definitely
I guess me and many other Team members and other users on the forum fall into that 0.1% category. I wonder what the statistical chances of that are?

(2022-11-23, 01:35)loki grey Wrote: most definitely. kodi/ XBMC wouldn't have got where it is now without the add-ons
We aren't trying to get anywhere. In fact, those damn addons have done more damage to Kodi and its reputation, than you could imagine.

(2022-11-23, 01:35)loki grey Wrote: my rant is not about the use of piracy but the refusal to help someone due to what they have on their personal computer within their own home
1. I guess you are not aware that some of those addons have had viruses and keystroke logging code embedded.
2. Those addons can discretely adjust settings and replace files which can cause your installation to play up.
3. Those addons are not written by us, so we don't want to spend the time debugging them. That is the responsibility of the addon developer, not us.
4. If we start assisting with those addons, we are complicit in copyright infringement. I don't want to be chased by lawyers. Let them chase you instead.
5. You are a guest on our forum. Abide by our Forum Rules or your stay will be quite short.

Hope that helps.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-11-23, 01:35)loki grey Wrote: 99.9% of people probably have the same add ons ,sorry not probably ,most definitely.
What a load of narrow-minded BS crap... No Einstein, you have a very twisted mind view on things regarding Kodi. And any attempt to make you think otherwise will surely be a failed one.

(2022-11-23, 01:35)loki grey Wrote: my rant is not about the use of piracy but the refusal to help someone due to what they have on their personal computer within their own home that is to everyones knowledge not breaking any laws
Explain to us again what piracy actually is.
It also doesn't matter what your local laws are regarding copyright. This forum is hosted on servers based in the US and so is subject to US law, all it would take is a notice from an organisation like the mpaa to our hosting service that we are facilitating piracy and the forum could be taken down, and we wouldn't have the resources to fight it. So a froum with strict rules on what can be discussed is better than no forum at all, and you'll find that most long established forums will take a similar stance for exactly the same reason.
(2022-11-23, 01:35)loki grey Wrote: my rant is not about the use of piracy but the refusal to help someone due to what they have on their personal computer within their own home

And shouldn't the staff (on their own forum) have the right to refuse to assist someone with something they are not interested in (on their own forum)?
(2022-11-23, 17:23)ponkotsu Wrote: And shouldn't the staff (on their own forum) have the right to refuse to assist someone with something they are not interested in (on their own forum)?

As if any visitor on this forum could force TeamKodi to help users with a piracy-infested Kodi setup.
There is only one fitting reply for that: Hahahahahahahahahaha...(deep inhale)...Hahahahahahaha!!! Rofl

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[split] Kodi add-ons0