Kodi "refreshing" endlessly
https://paste.kodi.tv/kuyiwexure.kodi

Quite often when I'm just browsing my library or playlists, Kodi will begin a sort of loop process that "refreshes" the episodes/movies/tv shows/etc. lists again and again and again. It causes immense slowdown and dropped inputs, making browsing a hassle. It also likes to shoot me back up to the top of whatever list I'm looking at. This will not stop until I exit Kodi. Anybody familiar with this one?
@Kriven

That is one big error log. But you did not enable debug mode so hard to see anything informative. Enable debug mode and post again.

This concerns me, so I really wonder about your setup...
xml:
<videoextensions>
<add>.pdf|.cbr|.cbz|.exe|.smc|.gba|.nes|.lnk|.bat|.epub|.gen|.ccd|.cue|.z64|.mobi|.gb|.ps1</add>
<remove>.img|.bin</remove>
</videoextensions>
Why would you want all these file types seen as video files?
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-11-24, 21:35)Karellen Wrote: @Kriven

That is one big error log. But you did not enable debug mode so hard to see anything informative. Enable debug mode and post again.

This concerns me, so I really wonder about your setup...
xml:
<videoextensions>
<add>.pdf|.cbr|.cbz|.exe|.smc|.gba|.nes|.lnk|.bat|.epub|.gen|.ccd|.cue|.z64|.mobi|.gb|.ps1</add>
<remove>.img|.bin</remove>
</videoextensions>
Why would you want all these file types seen as video files?

I used to use Kodi as a games launcher before Playnite came out. I just left some of the file associations and PlayerCoreFactory data in place incase I ever wanted to go back to doing that. Kodi had a faster and sleeker interface than LaunchBox :p

I've activated debug mode and I'll post a new log when the problem happens again.
(2022-11-24, 23:35)Kriven Wrote: I used to use Kodi as a games launcher before Playnite came out.
No problems. I was wondering at the pdf, the comics and the ebooks. I also wondered if you somehow integrated an ebook library.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-11-24, 23:42)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-11-24, 23:35)Kriven Wrote: I used to use Kodi as a games launcher before Playnite came out.
No problems. I was wondering at the pdf, the comics and the ebooks. I also wondered if you somehow integrated an ebook library.
Oh! I did use Kodi as a comics / ebooks manager for a while as well. I generally used it as an all-in-one interface for several years, using programs like CDisplay as external "video players." It was pretty slick and I haven't been completely happy with other solutions, but the custom .nfo files were just too much work. I used nodes to keep everything separated, and the nodes would always have a rule such as "path does not contain \comics\." I did this for many years, particularly when I didn't have a tablet to read comics on.

It was a nicer interface than Calibre, honestly, because when I was browsing by artists I could have artist and author profiles and images. Same with publishing houses.
(2022-11-24, 23:57)Kriven Wrote: Oh! I did use Kodi as a comics / ebooks manager for a while as well. I generally used it as an all-in-one interface for several years, using programs like CDisplay as external "video players." It was pretty slick and I haven't been completely happy with other solutions, but the custom .nfo files were just too much work. I used nodes to keep everything separated, and the nodes would always have a rule such as "path does not contain \comics\." I did this for many years, particularly when I didn't have a tablet to read comics on.
I played with an ebook library about a year ago. I used the Music Videos section for ebooks. You are right, it took a lot of work, and I didn't continue with it after the proof of concept stage.

I made a suggestion that one of the GSoC projects should be an ebook library as Kodi is a "complete" media orgainiser/player, but there was no interest for it, unfortunately. Sad

There was one member that got it working quite well... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=356485
My Signature
Hastebin says that the new log is too long. Is Google Drive okay?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iyHqrUM...sp=sharing
The only scraping I see happening was for one Harry Potter movie, so there doesn't seem to be an issue with Library Update.

What I am seeing is a ton of reporting for plugin.video.pseudotv Is this what you think the problem to be?
Its probably best to raise the issue in the PsuedoTV thread so the developer can check it... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=346803
My Signature
Thanks. I've left a comment in the PseudoTV forum.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3119669
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi "refreshing" endlessly0