Music good only when passtrough turned off, otherwise clicking
Hello, I have interesting observation in KODI LibreELEC 18:

I have Audio configuration Output card: SPDIF, Fixed configuration, sampling 48kHz. In this configuration, Audio Passthrough setting is not available. Music plays well, but I am concerned about resampling to 48kHz. The source files are 44.1. I am able to change volume in KODI, so I guess the resampling does happen.

I would like to avoid the resampling, so I need to set Passthroug to ON. However, in ANY configuration that I use with Passthrough=ON, I hear clicking sound. No matter if I select the configuration Optimized or Best fit, or I select resampling rate 44.1 or 48, there is still clicking sound.

Why is that? Could it be my USB-SPDIF interface that forcess resampling and it conflicts with resampling in KODI? I do not think so, because it passes 5.1 movie streams corrctly. Thanks
Yes it must have been the sound card. I switched to HDMI -> HDMI+SPDIF splitter and clicking is off even with passthrough. Big surprise, I would expect that sound card sends to SPDIF whatever digital signal it is receiving.

ANYWAY - one question still remains. How it is possible for KODI to control audio, if the signal is passthrough? I understand passthrough means "unalterred".

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music good only when passtrough turned off, otherwise clicking0