Automatically do its thing when new content added?
I have recently completely flushed my library because of some issues I was having leaving nothing but .mkv files.  I disabled metadata everything in Sonarr, Radarr, Emby, Kodi, and NZBGet.  I set Ember to do it's thing and it did a wonderful job of adding exactly what I wanted, where I wanted, labeled how I wanted.  Yay!

Only issue now, if a new episode of a show is added for example, no metadata is generated unless I do a manual scrape from Ember.  I'm too lazy for that lol

Is there a way I can have Ember monitor my TV and Movies folder to scrape newly added material?  Monitor new content setting?  Trigger from NZBG?  

As a test, I tried
Code:
"Ember Media Manager.exe" /newauto /all
from the CL which did absolutely nothing.

Anyone have some guidance??

Thanks!
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
You should take a look at the pinned "Command Line" thread: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=228652

Episodes are scraped automatically while database update if the tv show is already scraped onced (unique ids are known). With command line you have multiple options to do a database update:
  1. Update the whole database with -updatetvshows {"sourcename" or "sourcepath"} (slowest methode because the whole source will be scanned)
  2. Scan a specified folder with -scanfolder "path" (fastest method)
I both cases the new episode has to be in the correct tv show folder already (e.g. D:\TVShows\The Simpsons) or in a sub folder of the tv show (e.g. D:\TVShows\The Simpsons\new episodes). I don't know the capabilities of NZBG, but if you can set an individual procedure for each tv show it should look like this:
  • After download, move the video to the correct folder, e.g. D:\TVShows\The Simpsons
  • Scan this folder for new episodes with Ember Media Manager.exe -scanfolder "D:\TVShows\The Simpsons"
If you've also enabled the renamer function in Ember the files will be moved into the specified season folder and renamed as set.
You can add a custom script to Radarr/Sonarr to execute on Grab/Import/Rename etc that will trigger EMM to update and scrape.
I use a powershell script that way and it works great, example below.

Radarr:
Code:
$eventtype = $env:radarr_eventtype
If ($eventtype -eq "Test") {
}
Else {
& "C:\Ember Media Manager\Ember Media Manager.exe" -scanfolder "\\IP\Path\To\Movies" -scrapemovies newauto all -nowindow
}

Sonarr:
Code:
$eventtype = $envConfusedonarr_eventtype
}
Else {
& "C:\Ember Media Manager\Ember Media Manager.exe" -scanfolder "\\IP\Path\To\TV-Series" -scrapetvshows newauto all -nowindow
}

Best of Luck!
(2023-01-04, 00:26)spitz66 Wrote: You can add a custom script to Radarr/Sonarr to execute on Grab/Import/Rename etc that will trigger EMM to update and scrape.

Radarr:
Code:
}
Else {
& "C:\Ember Media Manager\Ember Media Manager.exe" -scanfolder "\\IP\Path\To\Movies" -scrapemovies newauto all -nowindow
}

Sonarr:
Code:
}
Else {
& "C:\Ember Media Manager\Ember Media Manager.exe" -scanfolder "\\IP\Path\To\TV-Series" -scrapetvshows newauto all -nowindow
}

Best of Luck!

I never worked with Powershell script. I have bat.file for that and is working with Task scheduler on WIN. With Sonarr I can not add bat file -8 get somkin error) and not saving it.
Can I use this your example for Powershell and just change it with my path for series. I dont know how to work with Powershell.

Thank you for your help !
(2023-02-14, 12:52)simtaj Wrote:
(2023-01-04, 00:26)spitz66 Wrote: You can add a custom script to Radarr/Sonarr to execute on Grab/Import/Rename etc that will trigger EMM to update and scrape.

Radarr:
Code:
}
Else {
}

Sonarr:
Code:
}
Else {
}

Best of Luck!

I never worked with Powershell script. I have bat.file for that and is working with Task scheduler on WIN. With Sonarr I can not add bat file -8 get somkin error) and not saving it.
Can I use this your example for Powershell and just change it with my path for series. I dont know how to work with Powershell.

I made script, but radarr wont save it on custom script. I get error: Script exited with code: -196608
(2023-02-19, 20:23)simtaj Wrote:
(2023-02-14, 12:52)simtaj Wrote:

Radarr:
Code:
}
Else {
}

Sonarr:
Code:
}
Else {
}

Best of Luck!

I made script, but radarr wont save it on custom script. I get error: Script exited with code: -196608

Edit: I solved everything.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Automatically do its thing when new content added?0