TheMovieDB extended info screens
There was support for some extended info from TheMovieDB via the script.extendedinfo plugin, but until this week, script.extendedinfo plugin was not available for Matrix.  It is now available again, but has a lot of problems, (it does not appear to generate functional action links on the items it returns).  There used to be customized views for it, but they are not very functional, and don't appear to have as much data as the plugin's "built in" screens have.  Once (if) the plugin gets cleaned up and works better, I may revisit updating the screens to integrate with a mimic look-and-feel

Meanwhile, there is also the script.embuary.info plugin which *does* work.  The "built-in" screens from the plugin did not integrate very well with mimic, so I created mimic-specific screens for it, which integrates the Mimic look-and-feel.   To use it, you need to enable the plugin, which is now listed in the "supported plugins" section of the skin settings for easy enablement. 

Once enabled, a "TheMovieDB" tab button appears on the Video Info screen to open that up.  It will fetch data directly from TheMovieDB site for the movie/show, and lets you browse to actor biography pages, and includes lists of related shows and movies (including movies and shows not in your library) that you can browse around to discover, lists of related youtube videos, fanart, etc.

It also has a set of widget datalist backends that you can use as the source of homepage widgets.

Currently available in v7.0.6-b1 from my beta repo.
I've noticed that the script.embuary.info plugin seems to really really pound the CPU when in use.  I'm not really sure what would be going on with that. 

If you are on a PC you'll probably be OK, but if you use a dedicated smaller arm-based device (such as a rasberry-pi) as your kodi client for your TV,  it may be too much for it. (causes kodi to crash on mine after navigating a few screens)

If it's due to animation on it's dialogs, I may be able to disable those, but I need to investigate.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TheMovieDB extended info screens0