Android [Solved] tvheadend server not listed as an addon?
I have just purchased a TCL c835 tv with Google TV. It comes with a PVR function that is too primitive for use. I have installed Kodi and the TVHeadend Client is available (and now installed) but there is no listing for the TVHeadend server addon. Has anyone had this problem or have a solution?

Thanks.

[Edit] I had a Khadas VIM3L in another room running CoreElec with TVHeadend. It turns out all I had to do was enter the url of the VIM3L into the TVH client on the Android TV and job done! Thanks for the replies.
Backend servers are not installed by Kodi, perhaps you are used to distros like LibreElec, CoreElec or OSMC. 

Also I don't know of a Kodi supported backend that installs on Android as an apk to use your built in tuners. 

Martin
Thanks Martin. If I understand you correctly, I cannot use TVH as a pvr on Kodi for Android?
I am not sure, there in theory could be an standalone Android apk for TVHeadend server but it would have nothing to do with the Kodi build.

Martin
I don't think TVHeadend has ever been available for Android.   You'll need a separate device to install TVHeadend server.  Doesn't take much. A Rasp Pi with a USB tuner will suffice.  Once you set that up you can connect to it from Kodi on your TV over the LAN.
(2022-12-06, 05:18)bluzee Wrote: I don't think TVHeadend has ever been available for Android.   You'll need a separate device to install TVHeadend server.  Doesn't take much. A Rasp Pi with a USB tuner will suffice.  Once you set that up you can connect to it from Kodi on your TV over the LAN.

I think he was hoping to take advantage of the tuners in his device and Live Channels is what he is using on Android as a PVR.

Martin
(2022-12-06, 15:20)emveepee Wrote: I think he was hoping to take advantage of the tuners in his device and Live Channels is what he is using on Android as a PVR.

Martin

I understand that.   You can't do it with TVHeadend.
There have been some TV Headend Server android builds however I think these are possibly aimed more at networked tuners rather than on-board tuners.  I would be very surprised if a TV exposed its tuners to Android TV/Google Chromecast with Google TV - though I may be wrong (particularly if the TV's internal PVR implementation is built on Android)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Solved] tvheadend server not listed as an addon?0