How to show extra fanart in extrafanart folder
How to show extra fanart in extrafanart folder in Kodi UI

the fanart images are labelled

eg.
fanart1.jpg, fanart2.jpg, fanart3.jpg etc.
(2022-12-07, 03:52)madmax2 Wrote: How to show extra fanart in extrafanart folder in Kodi UI
You can't. Kodi does not look in the extrafanart folder. I think that was an implementation added by skinners into the skin.
Kodi expects to find the extra fanart next to the regular artwork.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-12-07, 04:33)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-12-07, 03:52)madmax2 Wrote: How to show extra fanart in extrafanart folder in Kodi UI
You can't. Kodi does not look in the extrafanart folder. I think that was an implementation added by skinners into the skin.
Kodi expects to find the extra fanart next to the regular artwork.

oic, many scrapers add extra fan art into the extrafanart folder so would be good if kodi supported this.
it also keeps the folder more tidy.

Also how would we get kodi display/cycle through all those fanart if they all in the same folder?
(2022-12-07, 06:58)madmax2 Wrote: many scrapers add extra fan art into the extrafanart folder
None of our scraper do this. Which scrapers are you referring to?

(2022-12-07, 06:58)madmax2 Wrote: how would we get kodi display/cycle through all those fanart if they all in the same folder?
That is up to the skin to cycle through the artwork. Kodi only provides the artwork, the skin has to be coded to use it
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
FWIW, my skin mod retains ability to use an "extrafanart" folder, or Kodi artwork using the "fanartnn" arttype convention via skin setting.  But I think most skins for Nexus and probably Matrix assume that the fanarts are located/named per the fanartnn convention and have been added as artwork for the media item during initial source scan or a media refresh (in a pinch you can manually add the artwork in the media info dialog, but that would take forever in a large library.  A tool like "batch rename utility" can automate that by moving/renaming existing image files.)

scott s.
The old skin Transparency! had this capability, but sadly it's unsupported atm; but there where a few patches that allowed the skin to function somewhat in Matrix.

Suggest renaming or deletion.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to show extra fanart in extrafanart folder0