Kodi plays same video over and over again
Hello everyone.

I've been dealing with this issue for a few years and tried googling a resolution multiple times, however, i can not find an answer. Most threads about a video repeating issue were from 2010-2012.

I'm currently running LibreElec 9.2.8 on a RPI4 (I will also note that this exact same issue persists on my PC running Windows 10 Kodi version 18.8. This is where my Debugged log file posted in this thread came from is my PC). This issue also ONLY happens with the first 2 or so seasons of a tv show I have on my NAS. This issue does not happen with any other file I have on my NAS, but this tv show's first few seasons. After these early seasons, Kodi behaves normally.

This is the issue.

I can open season one and click the "Play from here" button. The entire show will play, however, instead of moving on to episode 2 it will simply replay episode 1. It will do this indefinitely until I manually press the next button to move to episode 2. Once i do that, it will play episode 2 and repeat it until i manually press next again. In testing, i've zoomed to the last 30 seconds of the episode to see if it will change, but now instead of replay the entire episode OR moving on to the next episode. It simply goes back to the last 30 seconds of the game that i landed on and repeats that indefinitely until i stop it. 

The "repeat" function is not on. I've checked everything I could do on google. I've even tried converting the file to a different format and it still continues.

Again, this issue does not happen after the first few season or any other show/file I have.

Thank you in advanced. You kind, kind souls.

I hope I did the logs correctly below. If not, I have the saved at least.
Debugg Logs
@fdrslegs

Try disabling the LazyTV addon. Does the issue still occur?

I see some LazyTV errors in your log. You should report the problem in the thread there so @Karnagious can check the issue... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=170975
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I just disabled it and tried again. Still getting the repeating issue.
(2022-12-09, 05:33)fdrslegs Wrote: I just disabled it and tried again.
Can I have that log that captures the repeating playback. With less addon clutter, the cause may be more obvious.

(2022-12-09, 05:33)fdrslegs Wrote: Still getting the repeating issue.
And you are sure you don't have Repeat enabled... https://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_playlists#Queue_Method
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-12-09, 05:48)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-12-09, 05:33)fdrslegs Wrote: I just disabled it and tried again.
Can I have that log that captures the repeating playback. With less addon clutter, the cause may be more obvious.
(2022-12-09, 05:33)fdrslegs Wrote: Still getting the repeating issue.
And you are sure you don't have Repeat enabled... https://kodi.wiki/view/Basic_playlists#Queue_Method
Yes, i've quadruple checked on both machines. Also, I'm not sure how the repeat setting would repeat the last 15 seconds of the 25min video over and over again. But hey, I'm an idiot when it comes to this stuff 100%
Here is an updated log that isn't the dubbing log. Also, this is from the moments where it repeats. When i captured this log as well, after it repeated i believe two times, the video stayed at a still image and the timer at the bottom would count up from 24:45 to 24:49 then the numbers would jump back to 24:45 and count back to 49 until i stopped the video.

updated log
(2022-12-09, 06:29)fdrslegs Wrote: Here is an updated log that isn't the dubbing log. Also, this is from the moments where it repeats.
Thats no good. It doesn't show me anything without debug mode. And I need the full log.

(2022-12-09, 06:29)fdrslegs Wrote: the video stayed at a still image and the timer at the bottom would count up from 24:45 to 24:49 then the numbers would jump back to 24:45 and count back to 49 until i stopped the video.
That is indicative of a corrupted video file.
My Signature
(2022-12-09, 07:04)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-12-09, 06:29)fdrslegs Wrote: Here is an updated log that isn't the dubbing log. Also, this is from the moments where it repeats.
Thats no good. It doesn't show me anything without debug mode. And I need the full log.
(2022-12-09, 06:29)fdrslegs Wrote: the video stayed at a still image and the timer at the bottom would count up from 24:45 to 24:49 then the numbers would jump back to 24:45 and count back to 49 until i stopped the video.
That is indicative of a corrupted video file.

Here is the updated log. I opened Kodi, selected the video to "play from here", fast forward to the last 15 seconds or so, let it play, then it wraps back the last 15 second marker i fast forwarded to. The log file starts where i started the video and ends with me closing Kodi. I hope this has the Add-on info taken out as well.
If i need to capture it a certain way or if there is a certain filter i can use to take out the addon info please let me know because i'm quite ignorant to this.
update 2
@fdrslegs

As stated previously, I need the full logs. Not snippets. But from what I can see it all indicates a corrupted video file.

You will see a lot of dropping packet which indicates an audio problem. Normally it means the wrong driver in use, but in this case I think it is caused by a corrupted video file because of the next video problem
On line 482 you will see... ERROR: ffmpeg[45A0]: [h264] hardware accelerator failed to decode picture, again, either bad drivers or more likely a corrupted video file.

As for the repeating play, because of the corruption, Kodi is trying to recommence from where it stalled. Do a search for resum in the log and you will see attempts to "resume" playback from where it last dropped off.
My Signature
Well that's lame. I was worried it may be something like that.

Just in case here is the full log from earlier. I only gave a piece because earlier you said to have the log without all the addon entries.

full log

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Kodi plays same video over and over again0