• 2(current)
v20 Updated from Matrix 19.4 to Nexus 20 RC automatically
(2022-12-12, 06:35)IronWhale Wrote: I noticed 2 days ago that kodi on my xbox was updating on its own. Once finished, I tried it out. It was ultra fast. Loved it. Finally seemed to be fixed.

Tonight, I tried using it and the build I used was gone. So I re installed the build. And then I figured I would try out the build "Flix". It froze. So I Uninstalled the app and went to re download Kodi again.

Why is KODI missing in the app search on Xbox oneHuh? Never would have deleted the app if I knew it would be in the app store anymore.

@IronWhale please go read the Forum Rules you accepted when joining this forum. We don't provide support for nor do we allow the discussion of piracy "builds" or any other Banned Add-ons (wiki) here. Please seek advice from wherever you got it from.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2022-12-12, 03:24)gnome_deguerre Wrote: My IPTV and everything else will load on Nexus but now I get only audio and a black screen.

IPTV issues may be due https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/22208  fixed in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/22245
The same update happened to me, and videos play OK so far.. but it doesn't mark TV episodes as watched  for the UPnP service.  It saves the status if I manually mark each as watched.
I'll make a statement then. Xbox store no longer has the Kodi App.
Work around.. goto my apps and games. Scroll across to owned apps. You will find Kodi to reinstall.
Very weird. Mine automatically updated just now and I could see it was still saying version 19 in the app details but it absolutely failed to load (and I have literally no add-ons). Uninstalled and re-installed and I now have V20 too (thank god it kept database and settings). It seems to work fine so far though and the slow process of updating metadata for new items is gone (yay).
mine updated too, crashes every time i try to play any video.

updated: after seeing above, uninstalled and reinstalled and now plays videos fine. will test some addons soon
Youtube videos does not have sound after the update to v20. Anyone has similar issues?
The update kept giving me the "something went wrong" problem through multiple restarts and clearing of the cache. I couldn't even  do the old uninstall and re-install. The only way to get up again was to delete then shut down and pull the power to ensure it truly was delete. Which sucks as it wiped out my library and everything else. I'm up an running again except for Artist Slideshow not having the "ken burns effect" and just fading between images.
Looks like I spoke to soon. I now have an issue where marking as watched (either manually or automatically) does not persist between sessions. I can mark as watched and then update the library straight away and it stays marked, but as soon as I exit Kodi and the start it up again, then do a library update, all things that I have watched or marked since the update to V20 re-appear as unmatched.

I think I preferred it when it was V19 and it just did a slow library update Sad
Is anyone from the Kodi team going to comment and explain why we have V20 on Xbox when it’s still not fully released on any other platform? Is it even deliberate?
Yes it is deliberate.

Ms store releasing sucks ass. RC onwards will be released on MS store, and was the case for 19 as well.
Ok, thanks for confirming that it wasn’t done in error at least, but it doesn’t quite explain why we have the RC rather than waiting for the full release with all the other platforms - just seems odd. Was it rushed out because of the slowdown issue maybe?

I’m still grateful we get it on Xbox despite it being a pain in the arse and clearly not particularly well used.

The library updating is really odd though. This time when I restarted Kodi it had lost not just the watched status but all of the items I had added since the V20 update. I have the most vanilla install possible so if this kind of thing is happening to me, I can only guess it happening all Xbox users.

Do I try uninstalling and wiping all of the data and setting up from scratch, painful as that will be? How do I do that when a regular uninstall clearly keeps the database and settings?
I cannot believe that the same mistake happened again...
Like in 2021 Team Kodi (not Microsoft) released a non finalized version to the Microsoft / Xbox store which leads to massive problems.

I have over 2.000 entries in my library and many of them edited manually.
Now, after the update from a stable Final Release to a unstable Release Candidate V20 the app doesn't start on my Xbox Series X.

When I try to open the Kodi App on my (up to date) Xbox Series X error code 0x80070091 appears.

Restarting the Xbox or emptying the Xbox cache doesn't help.

There are no Xbox system of Kodi updates available.

When I google Xbox error 0x80070091 only articles / posts about Windows errors appear.
(2022-12-13, 21:05)Donkeyfumbler Wrote: Looks like I spoke to soon. I now have an issue where marking as watched (either manually or automatically) does not persist between sessions. I can mark as watched and then update the library straight away and it stays marked, but as soon as I exit Kodi and the start it up again, then do a library update, all things that I have watched or marked since the update to V20 re-appear as unmatched.

I think I preferred it when it was V19 and it just did a slow library update Sad

Having the same issue with items marked as watched not staying that way when kodi's restarted.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Updated from Matrix 19.4 to Nexus 20 RC automatically0