.xbt and characters
Hello,

First, sorry for my english...

Since a little time I use https://kodi.wiki/view/TextureTool  to do my own logo of studios but even in this thread : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid3112864

It seems that there is a mistake when you put characters like  é or è , But where come from the mistake, If the TMDB give characters in the .nfo like this for exemple :

<plot>Un groupe de personnes aux horizons diff├⌐rents se retrouvent li├⌐es ├á un livre d&apos;auto-d├⌐veloppement ├⌐crit par un entra├«neur de football am├⌐ricain reclus.</plot>
    <tagline>Rien ne doit vous arr├¬ter</tagline>

You see that Kodi work well for ' or é or è but for the textures it doesn't work ! Can you do anything for that because even in the Textures.xbt I put for exemple :

- france 3 cinema
- france 3 cinéma
- france 3 cinéma
- france 3 cinéma

It doesn't work, so is it the tool or in Kodi Huh

Thanks a lot for help...
Switch TP-LINK TL-SG1008D Gigabit + PC I5-3570 W10 pro 64b (8G RAM) + External DDs (shared) + B-BOX Proximus + Synology DiskStation DS 413J + DS 414J + HTPC Beelink I5-8279U W11 pro 64 b (16G RAM) & Kodi Matrix v19.4 + Skin Aeon Miro Nox 8.0.30 + Sony Bravia LCD  KDL40EX402 + ONKYO HT-S3800_B BLK + Logitech K400r - Harmony 650.
Up ? Thanks...
Switch TP-LINK TL-SG1008D Gigabit + PC I5-3570 W10 pro 64b (8G RAM) + External DDs (shared) + B-BOX Proximus + Synology DiskStation DS 413J + DS 414J + HTPC Beelink I5-8279U W11 pro 64 b (16G RAM) & Kodi Matrix v19.4 + Skin Aeon Miro Nox 8.0.30 + Sony Bravia LCD  KDL40EX402 + ONKYO HT-S3800_B BLK + Logitech K400r - Harmony 650.
no one can help me ? Thanks....
Why are you using Texture Tool?  The main use is by developers who need to provide a large number of image files as part of an addon.  Other than the dedicated image resource addons, that is mostly developers of skins.  I am away from my development system so can't investigate, but you might find more knowledgeable users of texture tool following the skin development forum here.

scott s.
Thanks for your answer !

I'm on a skin not available here but that I particularly appreciate because I can do it my way.... (Skin Aeon Miro.Nox 8.0.32) and I do a work to do it very personal...

In fact, it's for the resource.images.studios.coloured addon, I'm redoing a custom database of studio logos in color. Example :

It's with help on this topic : https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=368342
I do it my self and I just have this problem... with the help of this program : https://kodi.wiki/view/TextureTool

But for the problem for the characters , I wonder if it is TVDB nfo, Kodi or Texture tool who is a problem ....

If you have a link where I can post this topic, show me please or perhaps move this one in the right place ? If tou can ?

Thanks a lot !
@jason777_1

I'll move you to the skin development forum. Maybe a skinner might be able to help
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I just tested and it seems to work ok. 

TMDB lists the studio as France 3 Cinéma

my studio flag is located at /flags/studio/France 3 Cinéma.png

and in my movie nfo, the studio is listed as <studio>France 3 Cinéma</studio>

Then my texture is pulled from a variable like so: <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Studio)">$INFO[ListItem.Studio,flags/studios/,.png]</value>

Working fine.

I think as long as it is an exact match, the accents shouldn't matter
Solution for your problem.
- Decompile "Textures.xbt".
- Delete "Textures.xbt" and replace it with the decompiled content. 
- edit addon.xml 
- Change compile="true" to compile="false".

It is not tested by me but it should work.
(2022-12-23, 01:20)realcopacetic Wrote: I just tested and it seems to work ok.

TMDB lists the studio as France 3 Cinéma

my studio flag is located at /flags/studio/France 3 Cinéma.png

and in my movie nfo, the studio is listed as <studio>France 3 Cinéma</studio>

Then my texture is pulled from a variable like so: <value condition="!String.IsEmpty(ListItem.Studio)">$INFO[ListItem.Studio,flags/studios/,.png]</value>

Working fine.

I think as long as it is an exact match, the accents shouldn't matter

Hello , and thanks for trying to help me.

But if I understand you don't work as me for the studios logos, they are in a specific folder ?

(2022-12-23, 04:45)Fuchs2468 Wrote: Solution for your problem.
- Decompile "Textures.xbt".
- Delete "Textures.xbt" and replace it with the decompiled content.
- edit addon.xml

It is not tested by me but it should work.

Fuchs2468, thanks but can you explain me point per point... sorry but I don't understand very well...

So I have my Textures.xbt, and I have a list of studi in .png in a folder that I use every times that I add anew logo.

So I do my new logo, I put it in this folder and after I use the Texture tool of Kodi and compile with this tool but no problem with others logos that the logos who contain accent....

But it's your third and fourth point that you say that I don't understand :

- edit addon.xml Huh

Thanks
Yes my texture folder is not compiled but I think it is possible to add additional logos without decompiling Textures.xbt as long as you follow the same folder structure as your skin does.

E.g if you decompiled textures.xbt and studios were stored in media/flags/studios, you could carry on using textures.xbt but also add a folder for media/flags/studios and then those additional flags you put in there would be picked up. I think that's how it works but I'm not 100% and I also don't know if that would be any use of your skin uses an addon for studio flags
I just decompile the resource.images.studio.coloured textures.xbt to the same resources folder, delete textures.xbt and copy my local studio_name.png files into that same folder.  Just don't auto-update the addon as it will delete your files.

It might be possible to just use texturepacker from the command line if it works on Unicode filenames (not home right now so can't test).  For personal use I don't think compiling textures is that useful.

scott s.
Change compile="true" to compile="false".

Yes it workssssss !! Thanks a lot and more simple for adding new logos !! Great !

RESOLVED

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
.xbt and characters0