Unable To Populate Artist Information Folder
Hi,

I cannot get artwork to populate into this folder. I have read thru all of the WIKI about this, and using a default, clean installation of Matrix, after scanning in my music, no artist artwork is shown in the Estuary skin when viewing by artists. It seems that the only way I can get artwork to show there is to go into the Information screen of the artist and select refresh.

My music folder is setup for the way it was required in v17. All of the artwork is there. But I guess since I chose to use the new artist information folder way I suppose the skin does not look next to the music file.

The WIKI makes it sound like this should all be automatically handled, but not here. The music scraper either is not scraping artwork or something else I suppose. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

thx
I'm away from home and can't easily test this, so I'm going from memory.  What I understand is you have local art for artist (folder.jpg, fanart.jpg, possibly extrafanart folder) in your music source folder tree.  I'm thinking to pick up that art during a scan of music in Kodi 19/20, you need to remove your artist info path in your music settings.  Then do your scan.  Now you could enter your artist info folder path and export your artist nfo and images to that path (note that exporting images does not result in bit-identical exported image).  After that any new art you add manually/3rd party app to the artist info folder should be picked up.  Artwork beef addon can download scraped (online) art to artist info folders (alternative to using Kodi export).

I don't think you can within Kodi copy or move image files from your existing folder setup to the new artist info folder setup.

scott s.
Ok I think that is where my confusion came from, thinking it would copy the existing artwork to the artist info folder. After removing the artist info folder path and re-scraping it seems to work in the skin now.
I do recommend re-enabling the artist info folder and exporting song artists/album artists/other artists to separate files with export artwork option to populate your artist info folder.  Going forward scraping and skins work better with the artist info folder.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable To Populate Artist Information Folder0