Req Estuary in 4k resolution.
Not sure if this has been discussed, sorry if this is a repost.

I found that estuary on a large screen benefits highly from 4k resolution, more items on screen, less crowding, more modern look.
Very minimal if any side effects from doing this from what I've found, it would benefit from opening some windows as Modal windows such as settings but overall it looks great and I would love this to be an option.

I put <res width="3840" height="2160" aspect="16:9" default="true" folder="xml" /> into the addon.xml

Noted side effects is that settings is no longer centered on the screen, widget parent window needs a height update, may require a couple of updated heights in other full screen windows.

Overall upsides outweighed the downsides.

If there is anything else I might mention is for my own personal application I added a Home section to the home menu which shows customized widget items "Continue Watching", "Latest Movies", "Latest Shows", "Random Movies", "Favorites", "Movies by Genre", "Shows by Genre" similar to the way jellyfin on android has them.

If there's any interest in it I could post a picture of my screen on request.

Thanks for making a skin that's so flexible it lends itself well to customization.

Cheers
If there is interest consider turning your suggestions into an Estuary skin mod and release it yourself?
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
(2022-12-20, 19:23)Dangelus Wrote: If there is interest consider turning your suggestions into an Estuary skin mod and release it yourself?

There are already so many skins I don't feel as though a mod release would be of interest, there's already mod v2 which is nice.

However, If there's interest, I would be willing to pop it up on github for consumption, if not in full form at least my mods could be used in other skin variants.

Cheers
On reviewing my code, there's not a whole lot of change and it's rather unprofessional (ugly) so here's what I did for a Home section on the main Home. I tried to include everything I remember modifying but if there's any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Try not to be too judgmental, I'm not a native python coder or kodi skinner, just tried to make it work the best I could.

I put <res width="3840" height="2160" aspect="16:9" default="true" folder="xml" /> into the addon.xml as stated above to force higher resolution (commented other resolutions), the change seems strange at first but once you get comfortable it becomes strange to go lower.

Code and modifications in a paste with comments:

https://paste.kodi.tv/tebefaguni.kodi

Other modifications, I reduced the menu to Icons Only and made the menu auto hide like mod v2 (onleft+onback open menu, onright hide menu), custom icon added for Home (google image search).
Note: There's a need to change defaultcontrol in Home.xml to <defaultcontrol>2000</defaultcontrol> when the menu defaults to hidden, otherwise it tries to select the menu as default.

Menu concatenated with grouplist 700 which is the Settings/Search/Power items, icons extracted/autocropped/resized to 48 then padded to 90 to match.
Menu onup/ondown actions changed to actions from 700 <onup>SetFocus(9000,99,absolute)</onup>, <ondown>SetFocus(9000,0,absolute)</ondown> to make it wrap top to bottom.

Rows scroll to the right like normal, back returns to beginning of row+opens home menu, in the future I would like it to detect if it's the first item on the row to trigger the menu during an onback event.

Screens:

Home Top:

https://ibb.co/jrbxt8S

Home Bottom:

https://ibb.co/Fs2ZhWL

Home with Menu Open

https://ibb.co/N6mGsv8

Random Movies is just that, a list of random unwatched movies, for people who just want to watch something without scrolling A-Z through a collection, great for people with large collections.

Favorite items are Amazon VOD Plugin, Disney+ Plugin, Hulu Plugin, Redbull TV Plugin, Samsung TV Plugin, YouTube Android App Shortcut, Southpark Plugin, Game Show Central/Powernation/Motortrend/Top Gear are all SamsungTV Channels, NCIS is a season in AmazonVOD Plugin -> Watchlist-> TV -> NCIS -> Season 20 so as you can see the favorites widget is quite useful.

Far more widget-centric than normal estuary, limit for row items increased to 100 except under Continue Watching where movie count is limited by 15 which is set in the playlist.

Could use some improvements for sure but I'm happy with the results, it would be far better if an experienced skinner took a swing at this.

Of course I must mention none of this could have been done without the work of the original authors who made this so well that I can just open some files and make it exactly the way I want so thanks to them!

All in all on a larger screen the 4K resolution works well, I may not suggest it for users on Tablets or Phones though, it would be best to have it as an Option on a current skin instead of an entire forced res skin in regards to multi-users.

Feel free to use any/all/none of my code or ideas, I just wanted to share as everyone has done in this project.

Modified Estuary version was 3.0.5, running on Kodi 19.1.0 (20211104 on Debian 11 Bullseye, 1920x1080 Resolution) and Kodi 20.0-RC1 (20221210 on FireTV Cube Gen 3 FOS Gazelle:9 (Android TV 9), API Level 28, 3840x2160 Resolution)

Cheers
(2022-12-20, 23:28)User 476313 Wrote: On reviewing my code, there's not a whole lot of change and it's rather unprofessional (ugly) so here's what I did for a Home section on the main Home. I tried to include everything I remember modifying but if there's any questions please don't hesitate to ask.
Try not to be too judgmental, I'm not a native python coder or kodi skinner, just tried to make it work the best I could.

Feel free to use any/all/none of my code or ideas, I just wanted to share as everyone has done in this project.

Modified Estuary version was 3.0.5, running on Kodi 19.1.0 (20211104 on Debian 11 Bullseye, 1920x1080 Resolution) and Kodi 20.0-RC1 (20221210 on FireTV Cube Gen 3 FOS Gazelle:9 (Android TV 9), API Level 28, 3840x2160 Resolution)

Cheers
Hi , would be nicer, when you upload elsewhere the whole skin folder, with all of your modifications.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Estuary in 4k resolution.0
This forum uses Lukasz Tkacz MyBB addons.