Editing Menus for Local Content
Hi all,

I have been using the Metropolis skin for some time now as i love it for what i need. I have a Movie folder and a TV Shows folder, however, i would like to add another folder, 'Christmas' ie a place to store my Xmas movies Smile

Using Metropolis > Home function - i was able to rename the 'Games' folder and create a folder named 'Christmas'. I then was able to direct the folder to my Christmas folder which was under 'Favourites'.

However, when i click from the home menu, 'Christmas' it just takes me to the Christmas folder as a file search, not the lovely library/movie poster layout (make sense?)

Can someone help me on how to have the Christmas folder laid out like the Movie and TV shows folder please? And please make it simple, i am not confident with Kodi/Metropolis at all Smile

Thank you all.
(2022-12-21, 20:30)ivrytwr3 Wrote: Using Metropolis > Home function - i was able to rename the 'Games' folder and create a folder named 'Christmas'.
You could have added a new item instead of renaming an existing one. Use the "Add" button at the bottom of the screen.

(2022-12-21, 20:30)ivrytwr3 Wrote: I then was able to direct the folder to my Christmas folder which was under 'Favourites'.
This is the problem. You have used a "File" method instead of a Library method.
Create a Smart playlists (wiki) using the rule "Path contains" that points to your Christmas folder. Or you could add a "Christmas" tag to your movies and create the playlist on Tags
Then link the Smart Playlist to the menu item
I think you might need to add the Christmas Smart Playlist to your Favourties first, then pick it out of the Favourites list.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
First part: Was able to create a new folder.

Second part: I created a smart list, but I could not browse to the directory. It only allowed me to add movies, TV, or music.

Appreciate your assistance, but I still haven't been able to do this.
(2022-12-21, 22:09)ivrytwr3 Wrote: but I could not browse to the directory
Use the Browse button.
Did you follow the guide here... https://kodi.wiki/view/Smart_playlists/GUI_Method
1 = Movies
2 = Christmas (or whatever you prefer)
3a = Path
3b = Contains (or possibly "Starts with" if Contains does not work)
3d = Search for the Christmas folder

Its probably easier if you switch back to Estuary skin, create the playlist then back to Metropolis to link it to the main menu.
Post a screenshot of what you have done so far.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I switched to Estuary and followed the guides - when I am setting up the rules and click browse, it will only take me to the movie folder. I cannot direct to any other folder.
(2022-12-21, 23:50)ivrytwr3 Wrote: I cannot direct to any other folder.
Have you added your "Christmas" folder as a Source in Kodi?
My Signature
I hadn't, but then i did. 

This allowed me to build the playlist and add it to the custom shortcut. However, this also added all the Xmas movies to the main movies folder. When i removed Xmas movies from the main folder, it also removed them from the Christams folder.

Fun and games tonight! But i think i've given up on trying to add a Xmas library - i'll link to the file structure instead.

I also have another problem i'm scratching my head with - scrapers. I can see several available scrapers to use, but all seem to miss movies. Some major titles too, so can't understand it - any scrapers i should be using?

Filmaffinity and filmweb did not connect to servers, tvdb seems to miss loads and so am using tmdb python - is this the best to use to date?
(2022-12-22, 01:04)ivrytwr3 Wrote: However, this also added all the Xmas movies to the main movies folder.
Yes, it would. Don't give up. You are almost there...
You need to create another playlist for the Movie menu. The playlist is to exclude the Christmas Source, and then you change the Movie Menu item to use this new playlist, instead of the default list which includes all movies.

(2022-12-22, 01:04)ivrytwr3 Wrote: I also have another problem i'm scratching my head with - scrapers.
For movies, use TheMovieDB Python
For TV Shows, use either TMDB TV Shows or TVDB v4 whichever site you prefer.

If the scrapers are missing movies, most times its because you have named them incorrectly. Probably names full of garbage.
Use City of Ember (2008) for both the folder and filename, not something like City of Ember.rarbg.dts.psarips.surround.h265.mkv and all the other garbage that is tacked on.

Also, IIRC someone submitted a Christmas theme for Metropolis last year. Did you see that?
My Signature
Karellen has you pretty well sorted, there are lots of ways to organize with Kodi.
I often will right-click/context-menu and add a object folder to "Favorites" and then create a menu and point it to the favorite.
You can also create a "tag" then add media in the library to it and then favorite the tag list and make a menu from that.
Using a NUC7PJYHN and a 2820FYKH0 Intel NUC running LibreELEC, and two FireTVs.:)
Thanks for the help - really appreciated. It's a shame there is no easier way to make individual folders ie drop and scan.

Yes, i saw and have installed the Metropolis Xmas skin Smile 

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Editing Menus for Local Content0