Bug Movies queue to Music Playlist
Hello,

My apologies if I’m posting this in the wrong subsection of this forum, please move to the correct one if necessary.

While using the iOS Kodi Remote app I realized that it is possible to add movies to the music playlist. I discussed the issue in another thread and the dev found it to be a Kodi server bug.

The way to reproduce is to enable party mode for music playback. This feeds the music playlist with songs randomly. Then you can navigate to a movie in your library, bring up the context menu and select “Play Next”. This will insert the movie into the music playlist.

It’s a relatively minor bug but figured I would report it in case it is unknown.

Thanks for reading.
(2022-12-23, 06:04)amasephy Wrote: While using the iOS Kodi Remote app...

Thread moved to Kodi Remote for IOS subforum
This is not related to the remote, it was just found while testing something on the remote. The issue is a Kodi server issue.

1. Enable Party Mode, which creates and plays a Music playlist (this was the only step via remote)
2. "Play next" on a movie (on Kodi server UI)
3. Now movie is added to the Music Playlist(as reported via JSON API from Kodi server to remote)
GitHub issue feels like the most appropriate place for a bug report
Done: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/22316
I'm not sure it's actually a bug, but IMO the design should only allow musicvideos to be added. 
I can sort of see a possible use case, but it doesn't seem strong to me.  There is an anomaly, in that adding a musicvideo to music party mode playlist will show movieinformation on <i> info in the musicplaylist, but doesn't for movies.  Note that a "mixed" party mode of music and musicvideo is a design feature.  At any rate the movie will play next and after it is done the next item in the musicplaylist will play.

scott s.
@scott967, understood. So during partymode the "playlistid 0" is not exclusive for audio files anymore, but aims for music content in general. But right now it is not strictly handled like this in Kodi yet, which is why movies are added there as well.

The Remote App has a fixed mapping of item type (music, movie, music video, image) to the three playlistids. When selecting "Play next" / "Queue after current" for a movie or music video while partymode is active it will simply add the item at the end of playlistid 1. It basically ignores partymode.

The behavioiur could be aligned of course. Though I understand the benefit of allowing music videos and audio files in the same playlist, I somehow feel that different behaviour with and without partymode is not easy to understand by users. Instead, I would rather let music videos always use playlistid 0. The Remote App can be configure to do so, but I am not sure, if this somehow conflicts with Kodi. Any thoughts on this?
There are two different generic "party mode" options in Kodi; one for songs access from music window and one for musicvideos access from videos window.   They each use their respective musicplaylist or videoplaylist.

But there is also the possibility to create smart playlists of type "songs", "musicvideos", and "mixed" and via the context menu play them in party mode; in this instance 10 random items with appropriate filters are added to the playlist.  The playlist used is determined from the window in which the party mode is initiated.

"mixed" smart playlists can be played from either music or videos window, either full or via context menu party mode.  All items will listed in either musicplaylist or videoplaylist respectively, but when the "now playing" item is of a different type than the playlist it  came from the appropriate type of playlist will exist, but only a ".." entry in it.

Example in the music window user navigates to mixed smart playlist and starts play in party mode via its context menu.  The musicplaylist will populate with 10 items, some songs some musicvideos.  If a musicvideo is the current active item in the musicplaylist, the videoplaylist will also exist, but only with a ".." entry; the now playing musicvideo isn't listed (don't know why not, but it's always been that way).

As you found out (I never tried) I guess you can also add videos other than musicvideos to the musicplaylist in this instance.

scott s.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Movies queue to Music Playlist0