Solved How to see season cover when browsing Video
Hello everyone, as per subject i would like to know if does exist a way to see the "Seasons cover" when browsing in Video mode.

I know that browsing TV Shows will show the correct Season cover but i don't want to use this panel, because it totally depends on scraping and when some file are not correctly scraped you can miss them.
Video mode shows all the content, scraped or not, but strangely don't put the cover on subfolders that are season folders.

Any help will be really appreciated.

Thanks
So basically, you want to have season posters on videos that have not (yet) been scraped. How is Kodi supposed to come up with that fanart?
Normally I think in Video mode, it would also pick up on previously exported posters. But they cannot appear out of thin air.
If you place a folder.jpg inside the season folder it will show it in video files mode.
Everything is already scraped and showing up in Tv Shows mode but not browsing in Video mode.
This thing about jpg file inside the folders is totally new.
I'll give it a try.
Thanks
(2022-12-24, 13:25)Hitcher Wrote: If you place a folder.jpg inside the season folder it will show it in video files mode.

Sorry but how i have to name those folder.jpg exactly?

Let's say the main folder is "The Simpsons" with S2 folder inside.
Do i have to put "S2.jpg" file that represents that specific season?

Thanks a lot.
I made it with the trick of the folder.jpg inside every season.

Thanks guys!
Thread marked solved.
Sorry guys but i've got one more question: how can i edit the folder info under the folder itself?

I would like the see the same description used for Tv Shows panel and if necessary i can edit by myself (only for the folder description in Video mode).

Thanks again.
I think that's only possible when using the library.
It's strange because looks like some infos are missing in a specific context ("No information available").

Thanks anyway and Merry Christmas!
(2022-12-25, 10:27)wirezen Wrote: It's strange because looks like some infos are missing in a specific context ("No information available").
We'll need a Debug Log for that. It usually means the item was not scraped, most likely because it is named incorrectly.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
(2022-12-25, 10:38)Karellen Wrote:
(2022-12-25, 10:27)wirezen Wrote: It's strange because looks like some infos are missing in a specific context ("No information available").
We'll need a Debug Log for that. It usually means the item was not scraped, most likely because it is named incorrectly.
Unfortunately this is not the case, because when browsing in Tv Shows mode the same content is automatically scraped and infos are shown as intended.
Remember that we are talking about browsing the content in Video mode, where the sub-season folder image is obtained from the "folder.jpg" inside the folder itself.
Just checked and it definitely won't show season info in files mode because Kodi does know they're season folders and lists the content type as episodes.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to see season cover when browsing Video0