Solved Can´t find InputStream Adaptive add-on on Kodi repo
I am writing here because I can't find InputStream Adaptive add-on inside Kodi repository to install it.
I am getting an error on a video add-on because InputStream Adaptive is not installed. I read in the video add-on instructions that some Linux distros (as it is my case) require a manual installation of InputStream Adaptive. Because of this, I am trying to install it manually.
I try to follow the instructions that are included in many tutorials, so I go to Kodi > Settings (cog icon) > Add-ons > Install from Repository > Kodi Add-on repository. I was supposed to find here a "Video Player InputStream" or "Input Stream" category, but it is not displayed. I tried to find the add-on "InputStream Adaptive" in other categories, but it is missing.
I am using Ubuntu 22.10. Kodi version is 20.0-ALPHA2 (the one automatically installed by Ubuntu). I tried to add the nightly repository and reinstall it, and then it installs Kodi version 21.0-ALPHA, but problem persists.
I tried to install InputStream Adaptive from a zip file, but I get an error that installation failed.
I would appreciate your help.
I think you have to install it via apt, as binary addons under Linux (wiki) are packaged separately and have to be installed outside of Kodi.

Try sudo apt install kodi-inputstream-adaptive from the command line or via your preferred package manager.
|Banned add-ons (wiki)|Forum rules (wiki)|VPN policy (wiki)|First time user (wiki)|FAQs (wiki) Troubleshooting (wiki)|Add-ons (wiki)|Free content (wiki)|Debug Log (wiki)|

Kodi Blog Posts
Hi DarrenHill,
I applied the command from terminal, then reboot (otherwise changes were not applied) and... IT WORKED! Smile
Many thanks for your quick help.
Thread marked solved.
Always read the Wiki, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Read/follow the forum rules.
I had the same issue, ran
Code:
sudo apt install kodi-inputstream-adaptive
, and got

$ sudo apt install kodi-inputstream-adaptive
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree       
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package kodi-inputstream-adaptive
Can I or someone mark this thread as unsolved?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can´t find InputStream Adaptive add-on on Kodi repo0