No files shown on USB after (auto) update to Nexus on Shield. Can anyone suggest why?
Hi Folks
I switched on my Shield today and Kodi had auto updated to Nexus (I didn't ask it to, so am assuming some sort of add-on did this, or maybe I'm on the testing channel for the app).
Now, when I plug in a USB drive with video files on it (MP4, MKV) the drive doesn't show any are there.
It shows folders, but they're all empty.
Can anyone suggest what the problem might be ?

I've tried installing 19.5 but it says install failed, so a bit stuck at the mo.

Grateful for any advice.

Thanks very much.
Android Users section on the release announcement should be what you need

https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-nexus-rc-2/

You should only have to go into permissions and toggle on for all media all the time
(2022-12-29, 22:51)dubster Wrote: I switched on my Shield today and Kodi had auto updated to Nexus (I didn't ask it to, so am assuming some sort of add-on did this, or maybe I'm on the testing channel for the app).
Nether - your Shield updated it because you have keep apps up-to-date enabled.
(2022-12-29, 22:51)dubster Wrote: Now, when I plug in a USB drive with video files on it (MP4, MKV) the drive doesn't show any are there.
It shows folders, but they're all empty.
Can anyone suggest what the problem might be ?
Check file permissions in the Shield settings.
Thanks both I'll check this as soon as I get back.

I didn't realise you had to reapply permissions when an app was updated.

Lesson learned. Ta
The problem is in your android version.
Android has a function now days that removes permission from an app if it is unused for a period of time.
You can avoid this and solve your problem:
1. Go to your android settings
2. chose apps and the your KODI app
3. under permissions be sure to unselect "remove permission for this app when unused for xxx month" - this will keep KODI premissions even if you do nit use the app for a period of time
4. Under the same permission for the KODI app make sure to select that KODI has full permissions (either always or when app is running). This is if android have removed the permission from the app because it was treated as unused for a period of time wich can occur if you upgrade an app to a completely new version (in androids view that app has never before been runing before).

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No files shown on USB after (auto) update to Nexus on Shield. Can anyone suggest why?0