Help Adding TV Shows to Ember
I have been using ember for a few years now to organize my movies and it has been nothing short of perfect. However, today I decided to try to finally organize my TV show collection in ember so that it will show up all nice and neat in Kodi the same way that my movies do. However I seem to have run into a little bit of an issue, ember does not seem to want to recognize my seasons and episodes. The way I currently have my collection named is as follows
show name/season number/episode number episode name
in other words show/season #/01 episode title
ember will pick up the name of the TV show but will not pick up the seasons or episode names.
Is there a setting I can change within ember to correct this or do I have to completely change the way I name my files?
Any help would be very deeply appreciated.
Thank you
(2022-12-31, 00:02)mark112887 Wrote: in other words show/season #/01 episode title
Nope, that is not correct.
Should be... show/season #/S01E01 episode title

Also open your tvshow.nfo file and check the <episodeguide></episodeguide> tag. If one exists, paste the tag here.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I don't have any episode information yet because I haven't scraped any episodes. Between the time I posted my last message and now had decided to take some files and move them into a separate directory to test. As it turns out you were absolutely right I had to re-title the episodes to have s0 and e0 before the title along with the actual season and episode number of course. Now the problem is going to be finding something to be able to go through all of my files and be smart enough to do that for me. I wish there was a way to get it to recognize my files as they are.

There is a section within ember that says episode folder/filename filters but I don't know what to put there or if it is even possible to get it to recognize my episodes with the current naming scheme that I have. I just wish I didn't have to go back through and rename everything
I haven't used Ember, or any media manager for many, many years. I can't really help with what Ember can do, only what Kodi expects.
I am sure that there is an option to auto rename files. Someone else will need to advise.
My Signature
Links to : Official:Forum rules (wiki) | Official:Forum rules/Banned add-ons (wiki) | Debug Log (wiki)
Links to : HOW-TO:Create Music Library (wiki) | HOW-TO:Create_Video_Library (wiki)  ||  Artwork (wiki) | Basic controls (wiki) | Import-export library (wiki) | Movie sets (wiki) | Movie universe (wiki) | NFO files (wiki) | Quick start guide (wiki)
I do have a program (filebot) that I can use to fairly easily rename all my episodes but I literally have over 100 TV shows both completed and currently in progress so as automated as I can make it it would still be a monumental task. I did test one season of one show and everything did seem to work but if and until someone else is able to chime in looks like my TV show collection just going to stay the way it is, nicely organized but with no episode information. It hasn't bothered me this far would just be nice for the whole look and feel and presentation

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Help Adding TV Shows to Ember0