XBOX Files not being added from media source to music library
I am running Kodi 20.0 on my Xbox One. What I am trying to do is load files from Google Drive into my music library. Here’s the summary of my progress:

-In the Google Drive addon, I exported my music folder to .strm files, and then I went to the files section in the music panel and added the destination of that export as a source

-The source was successfully added, and I said yes when asked whether to add the files from the source to my library

-A loading prompt seemed to begin in the top right of my screen, but then disappeared within a second

-My library remains empty

I can’t seem to figure out what the problem is. When I go to the files section in the music panel and click on my source, it opens up all of the subfolders within the source, and I am even able to play the songs from the files listed. However, I want those files loaded to my library for easier access and the ability to add album art. Anyone know why this scan isn’t working?
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
https://paste.kodi.tv/jazafufufa
Just took a look at this debug log myself and it seems that when the scan starts running, it goes into my music folder, goes into each artist folder, goes into each album folder, and when it reaches the album folder it says “not in database” and just skips to the next album folders, and then the next artist folders, and the process repeats with each folder. Any idea why the scan doesn’t reach the song files?
Have you set \media\ as the source instead of \media\Music\?
I actually tried doing both (you should be able to see both of those attempts in the debug log as well). Neither worked.
I'm not sure but since Kodi uses the file tags to create the library perhaps it needs direct access to the files, which it won't have if you only have strm files pointing to a cloud source. Maybe @DaveBlake knows.
I see, maybe I should just download everything to a USB and try that then. It seems like the Google Drive option is just unlikely to work. Thanks.
(2022-12-31, 12:34)AmadisHali Wrote: I exported my music folder to .strm files

To add .strm files to Kodi's libraries, you need to use NFO files to do so. See https://kodi.wiki/view/Internet_video_an...he_library  However, Kodi still needs access to the actual files in order to read the tags and build the music library.  You're probably better adding your google drive as a source and letting Kodi scan it.
Learning Linux the hard way !!
Is adding my google drive as a source possible though? I was told that it used to be doable, but no longer is due to a change that google made, and that using .strm was the workaround to using google drive as a source.

Anyways, I plugged a USB key into my Xbox and scanned my music folder from there to fill my library. However, my music will now only play if the USB is plugged in. I’ve been trying to find a way to download the music natively to the device or to the Kodi program, but it just doesn’t look to be possible on the Xbox. Is there perhaps a way I can get the songs to play through google drive? Or is it somehow possible to export the songs from the USB to remain within Kodi, in the same way I was able to export .strm files from google drive into a folder within Kodi?
Hmm, I don't know for sure, but I guess you should be able to use Kodi's built in file explorer to copy the files from usb to somewhere internal on the xbox (likely it will have to be a directory inside the profiles directory, which is your userdata directory).  Then you could add that as a source and scan it in.  It will however take up drive space, which may not be what you want.
Yeah, I’m prepared to take up drive space on my Xbox, I have plenty to spare. If by ‘Kodi’s built-in file explorer’ you mean the File Manager, I did try doing what you suggested in copying the files from the USB to somewhere internal in the Xbox, but it seems that File Manager does not have a copy option.

I’ve downloaded a separate file explorer app on my Xbox and I’m attempting to locate where the Kodi files are stored so that I can try to see if I can copy my music folder from my USB key to the same location where Kodi saved the .strm files that I exported from google drive. Any idea where that may be found on the device?
It should have.  It copies from the left pane to the right.  See https://kodi.wiki/view/File_manager
I’ve determined that the developers of the Xbox have made it impossible to store any sort of music file internally on the Xbox. I used an advanced file explorer app on the Xbox to locate the location where Kodi stored the .strm files I had originally exported from google drive. I tried copying my music folder from my USB key to that location. I thought it worked. Then I realized that every file had been transferred over except for the song files. I tried to copy a few song files individually and they failed to paste each time. If this didn’t work, I’m pretty much certain that nothing else will. There’s probably some sort of code in the Xbox that completely blocks all music files from being saved on any drive in the device, and possibly the only type of file that can break through this wall is .strm, since Kodi was able to export those and store them, and I am able to locate them in the file explorer too. I either need to figure out a way to do the NFO thing you mentioned earlier, or just permanently keep a USB plugged into the Xbox.
Probably NFO will not work very well for music files.  They tend to hold details of albums and/or artists but not the tracks themselves, which is where the tags needed to build the music library come from.

From the sounds of it, you will need to keep the USB drive plugged in, but both my Series S and Series X have 3 USB3 ports so it's probably not too big a deal.

The other option is to either buy or build a NAS type device, which would mean your music could be available to anything connected to your local network.  You can build a simple file server with a Raspberry Pi for instance.  My music library lives on a server (it's a bit more powerful than a RPi but it does other stuff too) and is available on Kodi on my phone, in my kitchen, living room, bedroom etc etc.  Perhaps that might be a direction you would want to look in Huh

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Files not being added from media source to music library0