v20 Startup Window - Guide and Channel List initially blank on Nexus
Just wondering if anyone else has the same issue I have in that if you choose 'TV Guide' or TV Channels' in the Interface/Startup/Startup Window setting the display information is missing when you launch Kodi? They channel list and guide work if you select them after starting up, just not initially if chosen as the startup window option. Iv'e checked with Estuary and Amber skins and the same thing happens.

I recently installed Nexus RC2 on Windows 11 with the NextPVR plugin (installed from Kodi repository).

Not sure if this is a Nexus problem or a NextPVR on Nexus problem. I'll try and capture the logs and post them shortly. Just thought I would check with others if this is a known issue or something specific to my setup.

Happy new year, M.
No logs needed I can duplicate that with pvr.demo and pvr.nextpvr but not pvr.hts so I will need to see what @ksooo is doing differently

You don't need to exit the screen you can go to Options and then select the All Channels group (which will probably be blank, like it is here) so I think it is related to that.

Martin
Could you let me know if the update in the linked packages addresses your problem?  https://jenkins.kodi.tv/blue/organizatio.../artifacts

I think it needs to be fixed in core but this might help with the root cause.

Martin
Yep...that works.  The guide and channels windows now work if selected in startup.

Whatever you did patched the problem.  But reading between the lines it sounds like a bug fix for Kodi core is needed.

There are a few other problems I am running into with the recordings metadata (synopsis, duration, watched etc.) not displaying for some skins.  But that's an issue for another subforum.

Thanks for your responsiveness.

Marty.
This is addressed in last night's nightly so you don't need the patch anymore although there will be a slightly modified version in the upcoming 20.4 release as the workaround doesn't address issues on slow server startup

Martin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Startup Window - Guide and Channel List initially blank on Nexus0